It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Eyes Blinked, Cloudy Valentines Day, Visiting With Fellow Blogger Friends and A Little More Rain.


Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

After having problems uploading pictures to the Blog last night I didn’t even think to look at the time. When my eyes started getting heavy that was when I glanced at the bottom of the screen and saw it was past 1:00 MST in the morning. I slept soundly not opening my eyes again until 7:15 but then my eyes blinked and my watch suddenly read 9:00. 

Practically jumping out of bed it didn’t take very long before all the Window Shades had been raised throughout the entire Trailer and the Ignitor on the Stove was lighting the flame to warm our morning Coffee/Tea. The sound of the Ignitor had Kathy coming down stairs within minutes. Looking outside there was no sign of the Sun due to the Heavy Cloud Covering. Not the way we’re supposed to celebrate Valentines Day but it’s the thought that counts.

We managed to get all our On-Line reading done on the Computers as well as our morning chores. Checking the Fresh Water Tank Reading it showed that it was empty so I went outside to transfer the remaining Fresh Water from our Barrel. 

We had Chicken Vegetable Soup for lunch topped off with a piece of Chocolate Cake that Kathy had picked up at Walmart. We are watching what we eat but when we have cravings for things it’s actually better to moderately indulge ourselves and grocery stores are helping. Now you don’t have to purchase an entire Cake or Pie the Grocery Stores are now selling them by Single Servings. When we have a craving Kathy only gets a Single Serving that we share. 

Shortly before 1:30 Dave and Cheryl from the blog Our View From Here arrived for a visit. They had brought their chairs to sit outside but with the Twenty MPH Wind Gusts from our door side we just had them come inside. Cheryl and Kathy sat down and started talking about anything that came to mind like they had known each other for years. Dave and I stood by the door and immediately started talking shop. He is experiencing some of the same issues with the way their Trailer was wired that we resolved last year with ours. After showing and explaining the changes I made in the Control Center we moved our conversation outside where I showed him how the Battery Bank, Charge Controller, Cut-Off Switches and Inverters were set up as well as getting the explanation for doing so. It was the lite drizzle that sent us back inside but since they had left their Generator on to charge their Batteries, we had to end the visit.

With the Farewells and hopes to see them somewhere down the road they left around 4:00. It wasn’t until after they were gone that we realized we didn’t take any pictures. Guess we’ll have to do that down the road someday. Glad we had the chance to visit. 

For supper while I chopped Celery and Onions Kathy cooked the Macaroni Elbows to put together a Tuna Salad topped with a Jell-O Parfait for dessert. There’s still more of both for another meal. 

We watched the 6 o’clock News then Without A Trace before having to run our Generator to charge our Batteries since the Sun was AWOL today. Just as we were about to post this Blog it has started Raining lightly again. We won’t complain. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had the same kind of weather day that we did. Not complaining though the desert needs some rain.
    Sounds like you had a nice visit with Cheryl and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Jell-O Parfait look so good I had to hold myself back from licking the screen of my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad they have started selling things in single servings too. It makes TWO meals for me! We didn't have wind, but rain all day. I just love the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get so aggravated when I forget to take pictures. I do if often. Your post tells me I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great visit! Nice to share information about our rigs. Cheryl enjoyed seeing Kathy's neatly organized trailer!

    ReplyDelete