It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 18, 2017

Taking Care Of Kathy, Doing Outdoor Chores and Making Progress On Our Blue Flame Installation.

Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

When I opened my eyes this morning and looked at my watch on the night stand my face felt the cold air from the room. It was nearly 8:00 so it was definitely time to start my day. As soon as I had the Window Shades opened the first thing I did was to look at the Temperature Reading on the Thermostat Housing. I knew the Furnace would surely be cycled more than once when there was a reading of 43 F (6 C) on the wall. I’d barely gotten things ready to make breakfast when I heard Kathy moving around upstairs so I immediately turned the Heat on.

It’s been a few years since Kathy has been having Homecare for her feet because of her Diabetes when we are in Ontario. When we travel that’s a different story and would be very costly going to Clinics to have it done. Years back I explained this to Mary from Healthy Heals that I would do it for Kathy’s feet while we are away and asked if she minded that I observe. She gave me pointers on what to do and watch for and we eventually picked up Tools specific for Kathy’s feet. With the cool temperatures outside this was the perfect morning to take care of her foot needs. Since I haven’t done it since last winter because Mary does it when we are Home, It took a little longer then before but Kathy’s feet are not bothering her as much now. 

While I cleaned up Kathy made us each a Ham Salad Wrap along with the last of the Jell-O Parfait for dessert and a nice warm cup of Tea.

I didn’t get outside until 1:00 at which time I climbed the RV Ladder to reset our Windsock Pole. The last Two Nights it has collapsed a few stages so after resetting it today it should stay up.

I checked our Propane Tanks next to see how full they are. We had one Tank that was nearly empty with the second Fully Charged.

Now was time to find the Leak in our Waste Barrel and get it properly sealed. A comment on Yesterday’s Blog suggested that I use a Silicone Sealer so that it will remain pliable over time. I even wore Vinyl Gloves to keep my hands clean after what happened the other day and had it finished fairly quick.

With the Temperatures cooling down and some really cold nights coming up we’ll be needing to run the heat to keep not only ourselves from freezing but our Water Lines as well. I went inside and started doing some measuring as to where I wanted to add the connection for our Blue Flame Heater
Removing the old RV-Q Connection.
I then found my old Rug that I have used on many jobs when I needed to lay under our vehicles and trailers. Knowing approximately where I’ll need to plumb the Heater from underneath I started making more measurements. I then looked at where I would connect the Propane to run this line. When we bought this Trailer last year it came with an RV-Q that mounted on a bracket on the rear Bumper and the Propane Outlet also had been plumbed to that spot. Since we prefer our Weber Q the RV-Q was removed and sold but the Outlet remained in place. 
Searching for the right sized Torx Bit.
It took some doing to remove the Bracket holding the Outlet because it had been fastened with Self Drilling and Tapping Button Head Screws that needed a number 15 Torx Screwdriver. I searched through all my Tool Boxes but all my Torx Bits were the wrong size so using a pair of Vise-Grips I finally got the Bracket off. 
This plane kept flying around the area.
I realized that I didn’t have a Plug to block the Line off when I’ll disconnect it from the Small Manifold Block that had been installed on our Frame Rail at the Jayco Factory. Since Kathy had just come outside to read after I explained my delima she volunteered to keep an eye on my tools while I got what would be necessary to finish the job and since it was after 3:00 I had better get going.

My first stop was RV Lifestyles where with the help of Buck I got all the fittings that will be needed for the job but they didn’t have any Rubber Grommets to protect the Line

I stopped at K & B but all they had were Grommets for small wires. Up the road to Herb’s Hardware they had the right diameter Grommet but recommended a short length of Hose over the Line to protect it from vibration. 

It was past 4:45 when I got Home and Kathy told me to close up for the day. She was sautéing some Asparagus then she also sliced, breaded and fried some Chicken Breast to go with it. After I washed up Kathy had me making a simple dessert by draining a couple of Fruit Cups into a bowl then adding Cottage Cheese for our dessert. Even Kathy admitted it tasted better then McDonalds

Hopefully I’ll get everything hooked up tomorrow so we can keep warm without using our Furnace that wastes more heat then it makes. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment and click on the pictures to enlarge them. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Confucius Says

Man who eats many prunes gets good run for his money.

3 comments:

  1. Several friends have those heaters and they work really well. You're going to love it ... and the warmth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will also be affected by this nasty cold front. Hope you get your Blue Flame going tomorrow so you can stay warm.

    ReplyDelete