It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 30, 2017

Getting Closer To Leaving.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Not wanting to sleep too late this morning we set the alarm before going to bed last night. Like the last time it was set I was up long before it went off. We both had the opportunity to see the Sun rise this morning. It put on a brilliant show splashing colours on everything it could but then in less then five minutes it was gone. That’s right the Black Storm Clouds filled the sky completely blocking the Sun from view. 
As the Sun started to rise.
 We had our cereal for Breakfast and spent a little bit of time at the Computers before getting on with our Chores. With the outside Temperature being only 34 F (1 C) Kathy busied herself Dusting, Vacuuming the inside of the trailer as well as gathering the Garbage. I bundled up and went outside to work on a few things. 
The colours from the Sun were beautiful.
Digging deep in the basement I pulled out one of my Clear Storage Bins that contain tools that most RVers don’t carry. Using the Tailgate as a Workbench I dug out my Electric Drill. When I added the Extensions on the Bicycle Carrier I didn’t allow for water drainage. A quick hole on each Extension soon took care of the problem. I then had to adjust our Tandem Bicycle to put on the Carrier. I also had to shorten the Mast that would hold the Bicycle in an upright position by using my Hand Grinder with the Cutting Wheel attached. Having a bit of a problem I had to signal Kathy to give me a hand. It may have only been a minute but she really did help.

Since the position of the Tandem Bicycle will block the view of not only our Taillights but the License Plate as well I had to move that to the back of the Bicycle Carrier as well. Don’t need any Tickets for that do we. Just as I finished installing the Bicycle Cover it started to Rain. I continued putting my Tools away and just made it inside when it really started to pour.

It felt toasty being in from the Cold Rain but I still had more to get done. Wanting fresh bedding before we start our trip I changed the Bedding while Kathy started getting things ready for an early lunch.

Kathy always makes her own Tartar Sauce and she used it on some Hamburger Buns that she filled with the remaining Perch we had cooked for last night’s supper. She also made some Lentil Soup to help warm us up.
 
Perch on a Bun and Lentil Soup.
As soon as we finished eating I sorted the rest of the Laundry before heading over to the Park Trash and Recycle Area as well as the Park Laundry Room. I had the entire place to myself for the next Three and a Half Hours. I was in the process of packing things up before anyone else came in. 
Minutes after I got Home the Rain was really coming down.
I had barely gotten inside the Trailer when it started Raining again. For supper we had Chicken Pot Pies and a Hardboiled Egg. The Temp only reached 45 F (7 C) today but with the 35 MPH Wind Gusts it felt much cooler. Tomorrow is our last day for getting things ready for our Southwest departure and it will be a busy one. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Every time you get new tires you ask to keep the old ones.

4 comments:

  1. You betcha!

    This little ditty keeps running around in my head.

    While Mamma and Poppa all snug in their beds
    With questions galore just dancing in their heads.
    Did Poppa remember to put that aside or did Poppa forget to secure what he tied?

    While Momma was sleepy and climbed into bed. She remembered to tell him to secure that instead.

    They woke in the morning all ready to flee.
    When they looked at the rig they were happy with glee.
    Everything ready and nothing amiss and they looked at each other and then they just kissed.

    They climbed aboard and were off with delight in the hopes of seeing some RV friends the very next night.


    Safe travels everyone
    Kathy Rousseau

    ReplyDelete