It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Time Is Going To Fast.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Once again it happened! I looked at the clock to see what time it was this morning and after thinking it was a perfect time to get up early my eyes blinked and the clock added more then an hour to its reading. Knowing that Kathy had not slept well last night I busied myself raising the Window Shades in the living area and getting things ready for breakfast before turning on my Computer.

Busy getting caught up on my reading I suddenly noticed that the clocks in this part of the trailer were doing the same as the one in the bedroom and were moving much faster then what they should be. Against my better judgement I turned the burner on the stove to boil water for our morning Coffees. It sounded more like a Gong echoing through the trailer instantly waking Kathy. I didn’t even have the milk on our Cereal and Kathy was coming down the stairs.

With breakfast out of the way we were enjoying our morning Coffees so much at the Computers that it was necessary to have a second cup. We did our inside chores but for some reason the clocks were in unison that we had missed our lunch. 

Kathy thought that by having Fettuccini Alfredo with Chopped Ham not only would we be nourished but it would slow the clocks down. The meal was delicious and filling giving us plenty of energy to see us through the rest of the afternoon.

As soon as we’d finished doing the dishes Kathy got busy wrapping more of the Christmas Gifts that we’ll be giving out when we celebrate our Canadian Thanksgiving because we’ll be in the southwest for the big day. Our daughter has renamed it Merry Thanksmas as a way of celebrating both occasions at once.

I went outside to work on some electrical issues. The first was to check the Fuse for the Landing Gear. I had complained to the service tech when it was in for the Warranty Repairs about it. When we got it back he said he’d replaced the resettable fuse with a new one. Trying to level our trailer on our site it seemed to kick out more much often then before. When I opened the access hole I found a lower rated Fuse then what was there originally. After replacing it I had no problem getting the trailer readjusted level.

When changing lanes while towing it seems that many people can’t see the double set of Turn Signals on the rear of the trailer so while at the Love’s Fuel Center in Arizona we purchased a pair of Marker/Signal Lamps. I didn’t get a chance to work on them until after we were back here in McGregor. That was when I discovered the new lamps needed a special plug in adapter that I finally found at Bogar’s Truck Parts and Service. Once they were installed when I went to test them they didn’t work. Finally having a chance to see what the problem was I found that the Adapters were wired differently then the Lamps. The wire colour was not leading to the contact of the same colour. This not only caused the Fuses to blow but messed up the Relays. After connecting different coloured wires together, the Lights are now working the way they should even though the relays are temporarily bypassed.

Kathy had managed to get quite a few more Christmas Gifts wrapped but when I asked what time it was she nearly went into shock because the clocks showed it was nearly 6:00. This sounded like a conspiracy by the Clocks as if they were demonstrating that they could speed up at any given time. 
Acorn Squash and French Style Beans.
Stopping what we were doing while I chopped an Acorn Squash in half while Kathy breaded a couple of Chicken Breasts with a Walnut Crumb Breading. When I went outside to grill the Chicken Breasts on the Grill Mat Kathy microwaved first the Squash then some French Style Green Beans. We ended up eating the Squash and Beans while they were hot because it took longer for the Chicken to cook. I think it was the Clocks messing with the time needed for the Chicken to be done. Everything tasted great just wish we could have ate it at the same time. 
Beans and Squash were eaten before the Chicken was ready.
Watching the 6 o’clock Local News while supper was cooking the only thing they were talking about was Hurricane Irma hitting Florida and eventually heading north.

We were just getting comfortable after reading some Blogs this evening when I noticed it was past the time I normally write the Blog. Not only are the Clocks but the Calendar and the Counter on our Sidebar conspiring against us as well. Time is running faster then we can keep up and we have a lot to do. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Action may not always bring happiness;

but there is no happiness without action.

Benjamin Disraeli, English Politician

1 comment: