It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Restless Night, Wrapping Completed, Frustrating Circuitry and Summer’s Back.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Even though we had the windows and vents open last night there was a period of over Two Hours that the only thing I could do was to stare at the ceiling and hope to go to sleep. That sounds like the way Kathy slept last week and she is just finally recovering from that. By 8:30 I was up and about doing my normal morning routine, opening the Window Shades, turning on the Computers and getting Breakfast ready. Even keeping my movements slow and lite within ten minutes Kathy was joining me downstairs. 
The extent of the clouds we had today.
We not only enjoyed our morning Coffees at the Computers but we had a chance to discuss things we wanted to accomplish today. We finished our reading before getting our morning chores out of the way. By lunch time with the lack of any kind of breeze and the Stifling Humidity Kathy was having trouble staying comfortable. Hearing that most of our neighbours had already turned on their Air Conditioners we joined the pack. 
Pepper Sausage over Egg Noodles.
Kathy cleaned out a number of dishes from the fridge for our lunch. She chose to give me the rest of the Pepper Sausage over Egg Noodles while she finished some Homemade Chili on bread that was made by Melissa’s mom Sal. 
Homemade Chili on Bread.
As soon as lunch was finished Kathy started to get the last of the Birthday Gifts wrapped before calculating Cash Gifts that will also be given for Christmas Gifts. Kathy has always strived to give all the grand children and adult children the same number of Gifts totaling to the same value every year. If the cash value is not the same we make it up with a Cash Gift. Since we won’t be Home for Christmas we’ll be giving everyone their Gifts at our Canadian Thanksgiving. Our daughter Karen has relabeled the occasion to Merry Thanksmas
Kathy finished all the Christmas Wrapping.
I went outside to work on the Marker/Signal Lamps that I installed for added protection when making lane changes while towing our Home. I have done this kind of wiring many times not only for myself but for others and never had the issues that have been happening this time around. There seemed to be a failure on the Relays that were used for the Turn Signals so I replaced them today. The Driving Lights worked great before but as soon as the Signals were working they just seemed to quit. Checking the feed to the Relay it appears that there is no longer enough power coming from the switch side to close the circuit. Looks like I’ll be replacing the feed wire from the switch. It was hot enough that I went though a bottle of Water and a bottle of Gatorade to keep myself Hydrated.

It was nearly 6:00 when I called it a day outside. I was starting to get more frustrated and not accomplishing what had to be done. Kathy made a Southwest Flavoured Salad covered with Chicken for supper and we both enjoyed them while sitting in our easy chairs while watching the 6 o’clock Local News. Their Weather Guessers are forecasting high Summer Temperatures for our area for the beginning of Fall
Southwest Salad with Chicken.
With just over Six Weeks before we head south there is a lot we have to do so it’s time to buckle down. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Grow old with me!

The best is yet to be.

Robert Browning, English Poet

3 comments:

  1. The Southwest salad looks good. We need to eat more salads around here, maybe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, "It's about time" I got on the computer to see what you've been up to! My eyes bother me trying to read blogs with my iPhone, and having it has made me lazy about getting on the computer. I have no excuses. I just don't seem to get on to read blogs. Maybe as the weather gets cooler.

    Getting an ablation tomorrow so I have to get up at dawn--hate that and my body hates it, too, but maybe this one will give me more and longer relief.

    I'm treating myself to a trip to New England (mostly Maine) for the month of October from the proceeds of the sale of the trailer. Hopefully, I can do some walking but I'm not banking on it. I can see a lot of the coast from the truck--and I won't leave until I see a Moose up close!

    Glad you and Kathy are well--I can almost smell her cooking when I see your pictures. I see you never stop tinkering...you'll have the most customized 5th Wheeler in the country if you keep going the way you are. I apologize for not reading sooner. I'm trying to improve.

    ReplyDelete