It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Jayco’s Response and Crossing Things Off Our To-Do List.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

When the temperature dropped to 46 F (8 C) early this morning I first thought of getting up to shut the windows but then thought to just pull the sheets up around my neck. I would later find out that even Kathy had the same idea but had been awake for nearly Three Hours.

Getting up around 8:00 the brightness of the Sun had raised the temperature all the way to 50 F (10 C) but we were watching Golfers wearing shorts and wearing jackets while others had already taken their jackets off. Must be nice to be “Hot Blooded”.

We enjoyed our Coffee/Tea while reading at the Computers catching up on Blogs, E-mails and World News. Let’s just say we weren’t happy with Jayco’s Response to our letter. We made a point of saving some of our reading until later in the day so we could get an earlier start to things we wanted to get done.

Once my inside chores were completed I headed outside to uncover our Tandem Bicycle and make some adjustments to it. Like our other Tandem adjustments were made many times to make our riding more comfortable. Just as I was finishing that our neighbour Hugh came over to borrow my Hacksaw and Kathy came outside wearing her jacket and carrying her water bottle.

We want to do more riding as a way of exercise but the Weather and Errands have gotten in the way. With cooler temperatures it was much easier for Kathy to breath. We were gone for nearly Forty Minutes and the different route we took down each street in the Park actually added distance.

When we got back Home our neighbours Maynard and Marva had just arrived at their trailer. We spent over a half hour catching up on everyone’s problems. Maynard has been having Medical Issues with Blood Clots in his Lungs. After being rushed to the Hospital he underwent a procedure that would catch the Clots before they entered his Lungs. He is doing much better now and the device needs to be removed soon.

It was nearly 1:00 when we started making our lunch. Our daughter-in-law Melissa gave us some Tomatoes last night that she grew in her garden. After Kathy blanched them and removed the skin I chopped them up along with some Onions and Cheddar Cheese. Kathy rendered the Tomatoes down then added the Cheese. Not only was the Soup hot but filling. 
Homemade Tomato/Onion and Cheddar Soup.
The only thing to remember when you make this is to soak the pan while you are eating and then do your dishes A.S.A.E. (as soon as you’ve eaten), otherwise they will become almost impossible to clean.

Kathy went back to researching while I donned my coveralls to go work outside. My plan was to install the RV Scissor Jacks which would mean laying on the ground and drilling in the frame. After getting everything ready I started looking for my Drill-Bits. The last time I used them was just before we had brought the trailer in to the Dealership for repairs in August and I had emptied the basement in a bit of a rush. This afternoon I emptied the basement again making certain that my eyes were not deceiving me.

Just then Stephanie from Leisure Trailer called to see if we were okay with Jayco’s Response to my questions. I explained that we knew she was doing everything she could to help us but Jayco is being an Absolute Pain. I also said we’ll have to delay the repair until after we’ve returned near the end of April. We’ll be writing another questionnaire to Jayco.

Back outside I started emptying our Garden Shed. I took the time to sort what we would be bring to the southwest with us and what would be left behind.

Kathy came outside and started doing her fall cleanup of the Flowerbeds. There are now three bags of yard waste to be brought to the Composting Bin. I found my Drill-Bits where I should have looked in the first place. The basement has been loaded and partially organized. Our old bicycles are now stored in the Garden Shed that has been reorganized. 

Kathy used the last of the Meatloaf to make a Spaghetti Sauce on Egg Noodles for a late supper but like she said she was on a Roll and didn’t want to stop. The 63 F (17 C) high temperature for today was much more comfortable to get things accomplished.

Even though I didn’t get the Scissor Jacks mounted today we managed to get a number of things crossed off our To-Do List. Tonight we are sleeping with the windows closed and the Bedcover on. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Well-being is attained little by little

and never the less it is not a little thing itself.

Zeno of Citium, Greek Stoic Philosopher

2 comments:

  1. That Kathy sure knows how to put together left overs for a good meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate dealing with dealers and manufacturers. I sure hope they change their tune and get your rig fixed. I for one, LOVE those cool temperatures!! I guess fall is here.

    ReplyDelete