It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, April 17, 2017

Shopping Sticker Shock, Skylight Replaced and Tasty Ribs On The Grill.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

With the night time temperature dropping down to 41 F (5 C) last night we managed to keep ourselves toasty warm under our winter bedsheets. It felt good just to wake as the Sunlight started seeping in around the window shades this morning as a sign that it was time to start our day. With plans to run a few errands today we didn’t want to stay in bed too late either.  
By 9:05 we had already driven up to the Office where we settled our bill for this coming season with Wildwood Golf and RV Park 
Our next stop was at our Accountants Office in Windsor where we dropped off our Income Tax Returns. It should take about a week but with the new E-Filing System that Revenue Canada has in place it will certainly be posted with time to spare. 
I needed to stop at Home Depot to pick up some Double-Sided Tape and check what was available in the fasteners. The types of tapes have really changed over time so we both did a lot of reading before we settled on a 3M Heavy-Duty roll. The fasteners that I wanted to price were ¼” Knobs to use on our Solar Panels. My intention is to make the adjustment feature so that no wrenches are needed when raising or lowering the Solar Panels. It only took a few minutes to find them and with three different styles to choose from but there was a little bit of Sticker Shock at the prices. 
Our next stop was at the Zehrs Supper Store where we spent some time getting necessary groceries. We have to be cautious of what we buy at this time because when our RV Dealership calls to say the parts to fix our Slide are in and they schedule the repairs we will have to empty everything from that slide. We’ll also have to move out of our Home while the repairs take place. 
It was already lunch time when we came out and breakfast was long gone. Knowing we would be tied up putting things away when we got Home we decided to grab a bite out. The parking lot at the nearby McDonalds was jammed so we drove to Burger King where we had a Chicken Sandwich for our lunch. 
Finally making it Home by 1:00 everything was unloaded and unpacked so that Kathy could put them away as best as she could. Once it was all put away Kathy returned to the task of going through more of our mail that had been delivered while we were away this past winter. I changed my clothes before gathering some tools and heading up to the roof. 
Even though there were light winds the temperature was 64 F (18 C) which was what I needed. I mentioned how we had hit a low-flying bird with our Sunlight and it just shattered. I had estimated two hours to do the replacement and I was fairly close. By the time that I removed as much of the old Dicor Sealer and the little bit of the Skylight that remained I saw something I didn’t like. There was no Insulation surrounding the Skylight leaving the roof cavity open to the cold air around the Skylight itself. 
After talking about the problem with Kathy and what needed to be done to remedy it I was on my way to the McGregor Home Hardware to get Insulation. Because they are not a Building Center they didn’t have any so I had to drive to the Amherstburg Home Hardware Building Center where I got what is called their Mini-Roll. Let’s just say I won’t be running out of Insulation any time soon. 
I was back Home by 4:30 so if I didn’t count the hour I was away the job did take two hours. There won’t be any cold air drafts coming in there anymore. As I was finishing up the Wind increased and it was getting cold outside. 
One of our earlier purchases at the grocery store had been some Precooked Spare Ribs but there wasn’t enough room in the freezer and since we can’t use our Oven I set up the Weber Q. They tasted great along with the Homemade Potato Salad Kathy had made and for dessert we had the Spice Cake our daughter-in-law Melissa sent us Home with on Saturday. 
It seems the Cold-Wet weather that we experienced while in the desert in Arizona has followed us back to McGregor as our area will be going through a lot of changes for the next two weeks. Even though I have more to do on the roof I got the most important thing done today. Tonight’s temperatures are supposed to be colder then last night. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
 
Other then the last photo
The rest depict the ever
Changing Skies of
Quartzsite, Arizona.
Krackers 

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes 

Meaningless Things to Say to People Who Get to Work Before You 

I wish I could show up as early as you do, 

but I've got my volunteer work. 

Jacob Lentz and Paul Koehorst, Ther's No I in Office

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it satisfying to cross off one job after another? Soon all issues will be fixed and you can relax. You guys enjoy being settled in and visiting the old stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something? What's wrong with the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your slide is fixed soon and you don't have to find somewhere else to stay for to long of a period 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do your bones and joints ache more in Canada than they do in the dessert? Ours do when we go from FL to MI.

    ReplyDelete