It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, March 6, 2017

Early Wrong Numbers, Getting Some Answers, New Leveling Blocks and Unbelievable Wiring.


Our Location today is La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

This isn’t a joke but it seems that when one of us is having a good nights sleep the other is spending the night mostly awake. Last night was Kathy’s turn while I recovered sleep lost the night before. She tossed and turned and thought of “Useless Stuff” before finally getting to sleep. Then at 6:50 someone starts calling our cell phone waking both of us but before we can get to the phone they’re gone. It was just past 8:30 MST when we both got out of bed to have breakfast. 
With the Sun shining brightly we were happy to see our Solar Panels doing their job and charging our Batteries. By the time we’d finished breakfast the Indicator Light on the Remote Charge Monitor was flashing rather quickly which meant our Batteries were almost charged. We turned on the Main Inverter to charge everything else that has battery. 

Turning on The Weather Network on the Computer I was once again insulted to see that the temperature back in McGregor was 52 F (11 C) while it was only 50 F (10 C) here in Quartzsite. With a higher Humidity level this morning the Northwest Breeze seemed to carry a chill with it. 

Kathy busied herself in the kitchen making a large pot of Homemade Chili so she didn’t want me in the kitchen. 

I went outside and collected tools so that I could work on a few of the projects that need to be done before we leave for Tucson. It felt good to be out in the sunshine as long as the trailer was blocking the breeze. Getting things out of the basement on the shady north side of the trailer practically had me wanting to put a coat on. That also happened to be the time Wayne stopped for a chat. He and his wife Sue will be leaving to head back to Washington within the next week.
Kathy called me in for lunch for a bowl of her freshly made Chili. It certainly helped take some of the chill out of my body. We have plenty of leftovers which is good because as it sits in the Fridge the flavours mix better making it even tastier. 

Just over a week ago when we bought some firewood I was surprised Kathy suggested getting it because it was all old lumber but as she later said we could use some of those boards to replace our own aging leveling blocks. Smart! I set myself up on the tailgate sorting what could be used and cutting them to length. At first I thought that I was out of shape from using my short handsaw, then I thought the saw was getting dull. It wasn’t until I picked the scrap ends off the ground that I realized it was hardwood that I’d been cutting. 

I had commented to Wayne the other day how when filling our Fresh Water Tank on the trailer it seemed that when the overflow started running over it took way more water out of the tank then it should have and would continue draining even as we were setting up our camp. He stopped back this afternoon with an article saying that the overflow tube in the tank could be improperly positioned causing it to Syphon water from our tank. Guess what else Leisure Trailer is going to be checking when we get back to Lakeshore. 

Kathy received two more calls from the same person as this morning while I was outside. He said it was the number someone gave him. She told him it was a wrong number so the Dummy called it again. Kathy made certain he won’t be calling anymore. 

We’ve had times lately where we had forgotten our Outside Security Lights on overnight because there were no indicator lights for them in the control panel. While at the Jayco dealer in Mesa last Monday we purchased switches to replace the old ones with. The switches prove to be a challenge to get off the Face Plate without damaging it. Doing one at a time the first switch was working perfectly in no time. When it came to the second switch I noted it was a spring loaded two position switch but thought that it had been used just because it was in reach when the trailer was being built. This light has a feed to turn it on and needs another feed to turn it off. I’ve never seen anything wired in this manor and I guarantee that it won’t stay that way. It makes no sense! Kathy reminded me of the Appraiser for our Avalanche asking “Why didn’t you just build my own trailer”? My answer had been “I didn’t have time because I was too busy fixing the flaws in that one”. Seems like I’ll be doing the same to this trailer. 
For supper Kathy made Fried Salmon Patties with a Salad for a side. The temperature is once again going to the low forties here tonight before it starts warming up. We’ll keep getting things accomplished but we’ll also be doing more exploring. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. 

Henry David Thoreau, American Writer and Philosopher

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you both had a busy, productive day. Chili is such a great cool weather meal.
    Enjoy exploring.

    ReplyDelete