It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Balanced Meals, Getting Ready To Roll and Another Fun Happy Hour.


Our Location today is La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

Waking up before the Sun peaks over the mountains in the morning is really getting to be a habit. By the time that I’d gotten the shades up in the Living Area and started to get the Coffee Kettle going on the stove Kathy was already coming down the stairs.  

For our breakfast this morning we had something that I haven’t had in years, our leftover Pizza from yesterday’s lunch.  It’s a perfectly Balanced Breakfast when you think of it there is the Crust which is the same as having Toast, the Cheese is the dairy, Bacon the meat which many have with eggs in the morning and we even had Vegetables in the form of Black Olives and Mushrooms. 

We also had our morning Coffee/Tea but not to waste too much of our morning we finished them while sitting at the computers. Even though our morning reading wasn’t quite finished we both took our turns using the printer while the other completed other tasks. 

We both dressed knowing that today was a chore day because we’ll be pulling out of La Posa South on Monday so we are trying to freshen things up before we leave. I packed away the printer while Kathy started dusting the Upstairs Area of the trailer. When Kathy started cleaning the Living Area I went outside to start closing things up out there. 

I started by transferring the last of our Fresh Drinking Water from our Water Barrel to our trailer’s Fresh Water Tank. It wasn’t enough to fill it but will hold us over until we are about to leave. I also mounted the Blue Boy on the Bicycle Carrier under the Bicycle Cover. That was where I found a number of our old Bungee Cords needed to be replaced because they deteriorated due to exposure to the Sun. Fortunately we have quite a supply to use up. 
I needed to use our Compressor to top off all our tires so after I pulled it out of the basement I even managed to pack loose components in the appropriate storage containers. By the time that I moved the truck to the North Side of the trailer so that I could work in the shade Kathy was already calling me for an early lunch. 
She called it a One Plate Meal with a Ham/Salad Wrap, Assorted Melons and a small piece of Cake for dessert. Two Balanced Meals in One Day. 

Kathy planned on Vacuuming today but had held off until I started our Generator. Due to the high Amperage Draw from our Compressor I chose to start our Honda Generator so as soon as I did that she could run the Vacuum without having to worry about drawing too much power from our Batteries. I also found out that our Compressor has a built-in Safety Switch that shuts it down if it senses there is not enough power. Our Honda Generator idles low when there is Low Power Demand so when the Compressor thought there wasn’t enough Power it kept throwing the Safety Switch. The only way I could get all the tires inflated was to turn off the Energy Saver Mode on the Generator and then I was in business. 

Anyone that adds air to their own tires and has a Dual Rear Wheels knows it’s no fun inflating the Inside Dual While we were at the Tire Shop back in Windsor I had wanted to change those stems to longer easier to reach Stems. With a single glance at our wheels they said those Manufacturers Stems had built in Sensors to warm us of Low Tire Pressure so they couldn’t change them. (That’s strange because I’ve had flat tires and no alarm ever went off.) They suggested just using Flexible Extensions so while I was at it today I added them on the Inside Duals. After pumping all the tires, I could hear air leaking. Would you believe the Extensions themselves were leaking so after removing them I had to Re-Air both the Inside Dual Tires. Here I thought that this was going to be easy. 

Letting the Generator cool down I fastened the Fresh Water Barrel to the Bicycle Carrier using a different style of Load Strap. These seem like they will work better then the last ones I used. Once the Compressor was again stored in the basement and everything else was put away I then loaded the then cooler Generator in the back of the truck.  

That just gave me enough time to get washed and make myself presentable before going over to Gerry and Melinda’s for Happy Hour. Kathy had a surprise for Tucker when she arrived. Tucker likes to Attack and Destroy empty Plastic Water Bottles so he wore himself out playing with all the bottles she brought. The rest of us compared notes about the rest of this winter’s travels and our kids. At one point in our conversation we even had Gerry get a little squeamish when we talked about different things we’ve had to deal with. When it was time for us to leave, Tucker kept stepping in front of us to stop us from leaving thinking we had more bottles. 

Back Home I started grilling some Chicken Wings that Kathy had been marinating earlier when Melinda was walking by with Tucker. As soon as he saw me he knew Kathy couldn’t be far so he stared pulling hard enough Melinda lost her grip on his leash and he ran right past me and stood on our steps expecting Kathy to come out with more bottles. Tucker was upset when Melinda said he had to go home. Kathy definitely has a life long admirer. 

Kathy had also made a Mixed Bean Salad as well as Macaroni and Cheese for sides making this our Third Balanced Meal of the Day. Tomorrow we’ll be even busier getting ready to hit the road on Monday. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes 

Employee Evaluation 

"He would be out of his depth in a parking lot puddle."

4 comments:

  1. We had a few flat tires on our inside duals on a previous coach with valve extensions. Now just use the Plews extension that needs no extra valve cap, like they use on some big trucks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when you mentioned pizza for breakfast and that it is a balanced meal. I swear every time we would have pizza for dinner when the kids were in school that was the day the teacher asked about dinner the night before. The whole nutrition thing. So I explained to them, just like you did, how in fact it was a balanced meal...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza!!!! Now that's what's for breakfast lunch or dinner!!!
    safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete