It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 2, 2017

Remembering Retired Rod, Kathy’s Cooking, Getting Ready To Leave and Cold Winds


Our Location today is Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

It’s with great sadness to most RV Bloggers that have been reading or writing Blogs for the last Five or more Years to read of the Passing of Rod Ivers AKA Retired Rod. Many may have traded comments with Rod and others were fortunate to have met with him. He always made the worst-case scenario into something we could all laugh about. He has been fighting a hard battle that many were hoping he would win. Rod will truly be missed. 

Once again Kathy had another of those nights that she just kept Dreaming of Cooking instead of Sleeping. Now I love everything that she cooks but if I ate everything that she dreams of cooking as well as what she makes now I wouldn’t be able to move. I still had some wakeful moments but after Kathy Nixed the Roof Mounted Solar Water Heater idea I never gave it another thought. I just kept thinking of things that I have already finished. Maybe I didn’t cross it off the list! 

It was after 8:00 MST this morning when we both dragged ourselves out of bed and downstairs to have Breakfast. Since I hadn’t gotten up earlier Kathy really felt how cold it is first thing in the morning before I turn on the Fireplace. After Breakfast and our morning Reading Kathy seemed to have more Get-Up and Go getting a quick start at getting Supper cooking in the Crock Pot. Even after finishing my inside chores the warmth inside the trailer delayed my going outside because I was just too cold. 
Kathy Caramelizing Clementines.
Besides getting things ready for supper Kathy was in the process of making an experimental sauce served with Clementine Oranges. It was all cooked on the stove but was recommended eating it when cold. She also made another Salad with Balsamic Dressing and more of the Tortilla and Ground Beef mixture we had yesterday for our lunch and we will get yet another meal from it. 
Salad with Balsamic Dressing and Tortilla Ground Beef.
Outside after lunch even though I had my work jacket on the Twenty MPH North Wind made the 55 F (13 C) temperature feel much cooler. After bringing the garbage over to the bins I noticed our Crank-up Antenna was not totally down but when I went inside to try lowering it further, I thought the crank was about to break off before if finally snapped down. We’ll add that to our Warranty List when we get back to Canada. 

We plan on flying a Whirly-Gig off the trailer Ladder when parked not just in the desert but anywhere so we can see the trailer's location. I needed to cut a piece of ABS Plastic Pipe then mount it so we can immediately use it once parked in the LTVA tomorrow. 

As soon as that was done it was time to start getting things ready for traveling. The little things were endless but one by one they got done until I was stowing away our Weber Q in the Basement. Since we’ll only be going a few miles up the road I used our Filtered Water System to fill our Drinking Water Containers that we needed to use in Florida. Even though there is Potable Water in the LTVA we’ll probably use that strictly for cleaning. Having this water will make things easier then having to stand in line at the Water Dispensing Machines in Quartzsite. 
Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Beef Roast and Cheddar Biscuit.
By the time I got back in the trailer I was again frozen and there were a number of other park residents that were bundled up and saying they were frozen. The Crock Pot did a great job cooking the supper Kathy had planned to perfection. The Caramelized Clementine Dessert tasted Great and is something that could be made for special occasions.  
This was the only time we saw the Sun all day.
We’ve already been busy packing things inside the trailer for tomorrow’s travel since we had supper. We are also looking forward to being “Off the Grid” as a Form of Living and not just when we are Traveling. We’ll let you know how things work out. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.

Krackers 

Joke of the Day 

Ask a silly question 

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

7 comments:

  1. Safe travels and thanks for the news regarding Rod. Very sad, he was a great guy and will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm not that cold here in Yuma. just not sunny. I never in 10 years there stood in line for RO drinking water in Quartzsite, where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did know Rod. I did read his prose. The bit with the dog and the roomba was HILARIOUS. God speed sir, and my you join up with your obviously beloved wife. I REALLY respect you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about Rod.

    My, my quite the cook you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy do we hope it warms up there. I don't think I can remember AZ having such cold rainy weather. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like the weather guesser was incorrect, it now looks like a couple of warmer weeks than originally forecast. At least here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were Sorry to hear of the passing of Rod. We never met him but read his blog. He will be very missed by his family and friends.
    You all have safe travels!! Enjoy your " off the grid" living!!

    ReplyDelete