It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 30, 2017

More Complications, Feeling Down, Completing A Project and A Warm Sunny Day.


Our Location today is La Posa South LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

After sleeping like logs all night Kathy just couldn’t seem to get comfortable sitting at the breakfast table. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn’t turned the heat on and it was only 49 F (9.5 C) inside the trailer at 8:00 MST. Hot Tea and Coffee along with Hot Cereal for Kathy along with the heater helped to warm us up. With the first meal of the day out of the way we spent the remainder of the hour checking our E-mail, Facebook News, Weather and the Blogs with almost instantaneous connections. (Happy Days are here Again) 
Love these Sunrises.
Once our usual morning chores were finished Kathy settled in to finish her Bookkeeping while I used the protective covering on the Dining Room Table where I started working on making the SMA Coaxial Extension for our WE-Boost. Hopefully once I have that installed if we run into areas that the Wireless Towers are overworked we might stand a better chance of a slightly stronger signal. It took a few minutes for me to remember how to operate the Coaxial Striper I have with the first attempt taking off more than it should but that’s why I got a longer cable then we need. After getting a clean cut the second time the project still came to a stop. The SMA Fittings were made for a RG-58 cable and the Coaxial Cable I had been sold was a RG-59 and try as I did the two would not fit. Another job “ON HOLD”. 
Only Minutes later.
Kathy was still busy so I went outside to work on the New Mounting Brackets for our HD Antenna Mast. As mentioned before I’d used scrap ends of Aluminium Angle Material left from the Solar Panel Brackets. If it had not been for the high winds we’d been experiencing they would have worked. I first had to remove those brackets before measuring the Trailer Ladder and Laying Out the New Brackets that will be much Sturdier. I once again used our Firepit as the place to drill the necessary holes as a way of keeping the Aluminium Shavings out of anyone’s tires in the future.           

Around 9:30 MST this morning the temperature was comfortable enough for Kathy to open the Outside Door so I knew when it was getting close to lunch because I could smell the aroma of Kathy’s cooking inside the trailer. She has become very efficient at using her Stove Top Toaster since we aren’t plugged into a post. She used it to make Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwiches to go with the leftover Salmon and Macaroni Salad. 

With a full tummy, it was time to get back to working on my projects. I had no sooner gotten back outside when our old neighbour from our previous stay stopped off to talk. Something that happened yesterday that really had me feeling down almost betrayed and even though Wayne and I were talking mostly about Technical and Mechanical things I was feeling slightly better by the time he left. 
Wayne stopping by for a chat,
Using my Hacksaw, I proceeded to Cut and Miter the Aluminium Angle Material purchased exactly for this job. Once I filed the edges smooth I shifted my attention to the Antenna Mast. To transport the Mast Sections I created a typical container using Black ABS Plastic Sewer Pipe. In order that the Caps on the Rear Bumper would still open for the Sewer Hoses I had to make it shorter than the Bumper which meant I also had to shorten the lengths of Mast. The problem was I didn’t quite shorten them enough so this afternoon I had to shorten them again by an additional two inches. 

Even with all the windows cranked open the inside of the trailer reached 82 F (28 C) so Kathy came outside and sat under the awning for a while. With the High UV Rating of the sun today we set up our New Sunshade so she would be comfortable. That was when we found out that what Size on the Package was Not the Size of the Sunshade itself and the colour doesn’t stop as much of the sun as we’d hoped.

For our supper tonight I grilled a couple of Boneless Pork-Chops on our Weber Q while Kathy made some Macaroni and Cheese for the side. With everything closed up outside we still managed to keep our door open until nearly 7:00 this evening. The Weather Forecast is calling for many more days like this in the near future. That’s what we came here for! Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

You Might Be a Redneck If 

A vehicle, a relative, and a family secret are all buried in your backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment