It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sawing Away, Warmer Temperature, Root Beer Floats and Grilling on The Weber.


Our Location today is Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A. 

After feeling too warm the last couple of nights under our New Flannel Bedsheets we tried something different last night. We turned the Bedcover further down the bed to keep our feet warm which worked great, that was until the middle of the night.  Even though we are in respect in the Southwest Desert and it can get very warm during the day it also gets very cold at night. The Bedcover got pulled back up in an effort to stop our teeth from chattering while under the sheets. 

I was again sitting at the computer when the Sun decided to show itself and with the inside thermometer showing 41 F (5 C) I knew the only way Kathy would come downstairs was to turn the Electric Fireplace on to take the chill out of the air. With all the Cold Fresh Air that we had breathed while visiting with George and Suzie out in La Posa South LTVA we had a hard time staying awake when we got Home so now Kathy was having a hard time waking up. 

It was getting close to 9:00 when she finally made it downstairs to breakfast and the inside temperature was now closer to 61 F (16 C) making it more comfortable for her. As soon as breakfast was over we shut down the Fireplace as we were no longer feeling cold inside. Since I’d already completed my morning reading Kathy was alone finishing her coffee at the computer. I didn’t waste any time doing my inside chores before getting myself outside. 

We had been successful in getting the Aluminium Angle Material needed to construct the brackets for our Solar Panels but now it needed to be cut into the smaller pieces that will be needed. Having had the Basement apart a couple of times since we left McGregor doesn’t mean everything is organize at this point it means it is a work in progress. I unfortunately had to get the tools that were needed for today’s chore from the Toolbox which was under other things at this time. (I am so looking forward to being Organized Again.) 
Cutting Aluminium Angle Material for Solar Panels.
Using the Tailgate as a Workbench.
By that time the Bright Sunshine had warmed me enough that I no longer needed my sweater. Using the tailgate as a workbench I started cutting the larger sized material with the Hacksaw to create the pads (Feet) for under the panels. I’d only cut four pieces by the time Kathy called me for Lunch. 

Making Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
Kathy had been cleaning out the fridge and in turn made a nice pot of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. The soup was delicious but the inside of the trailer felt like a furnace because the windows and door had been closed while Kathy had been cooking. Even before we ate lunch that problem was fixed. 

Back to my chore outside I was surprised how intense the sun felt compared to the last week. It was warm enough that Kathy sat outside and talked with me while I worked. Since I haven’t been exercising lately and this Physical Exertion along with the Sun was taking its toll on me. I had to stop a few times to rest and hydrate myself. 

Our neighbour walked by around 3:00 mentioning that it was time for the Root-Beer Floats at the Clubhouse. Kathy had planned that we would attend so after closing everything up and changing my clothes we headed over to see what this was about. The Root-Beer Floats were Free but they were accepting Donations for a Local Children’s Activity Center 

We didn’t stay too long as others were also leaving and Kathy knew that I was trying to complete my chore. I finished cutting all the Pads and started cutting the Side Rails. I managed to cut eight of the twelve pieces needed before my arm got too tired to continue. 

Salad, Steak and Zucchini. Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potato to come.
It was at that point that I fired up our Weber Q to grill some Steaks and Zucchini that Kathy had seasoned and gotten ready for me while she got the Salad, Sweet Potato and Brussel Sprouts ready inside. By the time I managed to finish grilling our food the sun was starting to set and the temperature started to plunge. As soon as I came in from outside the door and windows were closed fairly quickly. 

Tomorrow we’ve got a Safety Meeting in the Clubhouse to attend, Phone Calls to make, Holes to drill and anything else we need to do in preparation of going Off the Grid next month. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

It's easy to halve the potato where there's love. 

Irish Proverb

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you stay busy. I tell Nancy if I don't get at least one chore finished a day it seems like its a wasted day.

    ReplyDelete