It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Solution Found Back At The Source.


Our Location today is Casa Grande, Arizona, U.S.A. 

Last night when I went outside to count the number of Pull Through Sites I noted at least ten were filled. Around 6:30 MST this morning the sound of a Diesel Pusher idling nearby had me turning over to get back to sleep. Closer to 7:00 MST it sounded as if someone was running a small Air Compressor topping off their tires. I managed to roll over again for just a few more minutes of sleep. At 7:30 MST right after the Garbage Truck finished emptying all eight waste containers someone nearby thought it was time to start cutting wood with a circular saw and then nailing their creation together. I finally just got up and started my morning. 

When Kathy joined me in the dining room for breakfast shortly after 8:00 I told her of all the noise. Her response was “I didn’t hear a thing”. By that time the park had quieted down and all that could be heard was the distant traffic noise. After finishing our meal, we brought our coffees to finish at the computers. The Weather Network again showed Deming, New Mexico 27 F (-3 C), (glad we left when we did) Casa Grande 36 F (2 C) feeling like 30 F (-1 C) and McGregor, Ontario was 46 F (8 C). “We did leave for the warmer temperatures, didn’t we?” 

Besides our morning reading I had compiled a list of phone numbers locally to try to locate the 3/8 NPT Electrical Conduit Nuts that I spent much of yesterday afternoon looking for. All those calls did was to send me back to the place that I had purchased them at. 

Since we are leaving Casa Grande in the morning and heading to Quartzsite I had other pressing issues to take care of. We had just purchase a second set of Flannel Sheets from Big Lots for our bed that needed a quick wash along with some other clothes. It was nearly 11:00 by the time I had everything sorted and on my way to the Park Laundry Room. I counted only four RVs still filling the Pull Through Sites. It would be nearly 2:00 by the time we would have our lunch today. 
Kathy's Pork Stir Fry with Spaghetti.
Kathy had made the Pork Stir Fry again that she had recently just tried. It tasted as good this time as the last and she had a different combination of Vegetables in the mix. 

Once we’d finish cleaning the dishes we headed out the door to finish some shopping today because we’ll be on the road tomorrow. The first stop just up the road was Fred's Bolt and Nut Shop on Pinal Ave. Jan Mains had mentioned it in a comment as well as most of the electrical shops in town. They all said “If Fred doesn’t have it nobody does” and they were right he didn’t have it and neither did they. However, Fred sent me to a different electrical supplier. 

Before backtracking further, we continued down Florence Boulevard where we picked up another set of Flannel Sheets at Big Lots because you can’t beat their prices. 

Driving down Pinal Avenue past Fred’s and past our RV Resort we again arrived at the Airport Commercial District. Arriving just as they were shutting down for the day I spoke with Larry who was amazed that he didn’t have the parts in stock. He even took the time to go Online to confirm the parts were available from his supplier in Phoenix.

Leaving there I drove around the corner to the company that had sold me the Wire Cinches in the first place. When I went inside today it was an older gentleman at the counter. By the tone of his voice I’d spoken to him on the phone from Deming, New Mexico last week. I explained getting the Wire I’d spoken to him about as well as the Wire Cinches. I explained they had come without the nuts and I couldn’t find them anywhere. His response was the nuts should have come with them and his assistant should not have sold them to me that way. He will contact his supplier in Phoenix and have them shipped directly to me in Quartzsite.

Back Home at Casa Grande RV Resort as we were getting out of the truck a gentleman walking his dog came over to greet me. Charles was the person who had commented the park didn’t have Pull Through Sites because there are none on his side of the park. Charles lives just outside of Chatham, Ontario which is about forty miles from where we live. Who knows we might be getting together some time during the summer back in Ontario. 
Salad and Chicken for supper.
Tomorrow we’ll be heading for Quartzsite and who knows what kind of things we’ll get into along the way. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

The most ideal human passion is love, which is also the most absolute and animal and one of the most ephemeral.

George Santayana, Spanish Philosopher

1 comment:

  1. What we avoid here in Arizona in the winter is snow. But we do have cold nights, lotsa sunshine and dry air makes it perfect for us. Yuma is warmer.

    ReplyDelete