It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Finding the Missing Cables, More Progress Made, Ice Cream Social and Talking To Friends Back Home.


Our Location today is Deming, New Mexico, U.S.A. 

The low for last night did dip down to 28 F (-2C) so even with the Electric Fireplace on all night we stayed under the covers for the warmth. Shortly after 6:00 this morning I started staring at the ceiling and my mind began wandering. There was only one thing to do and that was to get out of bed and start my day. 
I was in the process of opening the last two shades when the sun finally made its appearance. After touching the window and feeling the cold coming through I only took the pictures from inside the trailer since I was still wearing my pajamas. I even managed to get all my morning reading finished before I started hearing Kathy walking around upstairs. 
As soon as breakfast was over I hurriedly finished my indoor chores before converting the dining room table to a workbench to work on lightweight electrical fittings for the back of the trailer. Since I needed to make both a Male and Female Connector I simply looped the wire from one to the other. When it gets installed outside I’ll simply cut the cable to length. 
The next chore was to bring the Solar Panel Boxes in so that I could actually remove the Solar Panels in search of the Missing Cables. After searching the first two boxes and returning them to the truck the third box was emptied and low and behold we found the Missing Cables. They had been packed in such a way they couldn’t be seen by looking down into the box, you actually had to pull the Solar Panels out of the box to see them. 
German Chocolate Cake fresh from the Convection Oven
Even though Renogy Solar was closed today I left a message of apology on their voice mail but I also plan on calling first thing Monday morning. It was not my intention to cry wolf or to get something free. That would have reflected badly on the shipper while they had in fact done a better job than could have been imagined. 
Kathy caught me through the screen door at the truck.
The temperatures were in the mid-fifties by 10:30 so I set myself up on the tailgate to modify another outlet box. It’s actually easier to modify a metal box but it wouldn’t be as waterproof as the Plastic Conduit Types that I’ve been working with 
Kathy had been busy setting up the Crock Pot to cook our supper as well as using her new Convection Microwave to bake a cake. She’d heard positive things about them but it took her a while to get the nerve to try it. She called me in for lunch at 11:30 and had used the last of the Barbecue Chopped Beef on Hamburger Buns along with the last of the Potato Chips 

Back outside I progressed from modifying the Plastic Conduit Box to mounting it onto the Bicycle Carrier before running new wiring from the lights over to the Junction Box as luck would have it that was when Kathy called me in to get cleaned up. 

Here at Dream Catchers RV Park every Sunday at 4:00 they combine Happy Hour with an Ice Cream Social. For the cost of One Dollar you get a reasonable sized dish of Ice Cream of different flavours and the proceeds help to cover the costs of materials. It seems people are in a more talkative mood when they are eating something they all like. 

It was nearly 5:00 by the time we got back Home and the sun was just starting to set. You could feel it starting to cool down so I immediately looked at The Weather Network where it showed we’d reached a high of 70 F (20 C) this afternoon. 
Allowing for our Ice Cream Treat to settle we had our supper after 6:00. The Pork Roast, Potatoes and Carrots that had been cooking in the Crock Pot all day turned out perfect with plenty of Leftovers for a few more meals. We also had a piece of the German Chocolate Cake that Kathy had baked this morning and added frosting to this afternoon. It melted in your mouth and there is plenty of it leftover for extra desserts and snacks. 
Once we’d finished the dishes Kathy left a message with our friend Vera telling her we were thinking about her. She then called our friend Kathie to see how things are going. There is lots happening with her children and she is lining up some small projects for me to do for her when we get back in the Spring. Vera would later call us back filling us in on the latest news about her husband Bill. The both wished us Safe and Happy Travels. 
With tonight’s low only expected to be 43 F (6 C) we’ll sleep without the Fireplace being on. Tomorrow I’ll be on the phone early to Apologize to Renogy. We’ll possibly get a shower tomorrow but I’ll still try to make progress on our projects as I’m running out of time before we leave next Saturday. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers 

The World's Great Proverbs 

Beggars can't be choosers.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about waking up in the morning thinking about what you have to do that day. I have to admit the first thing I think about is where in the heck are we...then once I remember where we are I can clearly think of things that need to get done. Stay Safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 61 f here in Quartzsite at 6 am , perfect weather. Looking like are not seen much of Deming.

    ReplyDelete