It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 18, 2016

Back On Solid Ground, Getting Things Nearly Wired and Another Freeze Warning.


Our Location today is Deming, New Mexico, U.S.A. 

Kathy seems to be fighting a Sinus Infection so even though she was snuggled warmly under the covers last night her sleep wasn’t the best. Having successfully kept the trailer warm by simply turning on the Electric Fireplace I was surprised to find it on the cool side when I went in the kitchen to make breakfast. When a sudden gust of cold air coming from the exhaust vent over the stove blew in I knew what the problem was. The wind was coming from the Northeast and the outside vent cover was not latched shut.  

Even Kathy noticed the difference when she came downstairs for breakfast. She wanted me to shut the heat off but when I showed her the temperature outside was only 28 F (-2 C) she reconsidered.  

By 9:30 it was up to 34 F (1 C) so I simply bundled up wearing a sweater under my coveralls and with the new drill in hand headed outside to accomplish anything I could. The first thing I did was to get the last two holes drilled so I could mount the last of the Stabilizer Arms. After that it was a simple matter to bolt everything in place and readjust the jacks so they were tightened on the Stabilizers. The finished result was no more sway inside the trailer. 

That was only one thing but after the last couple of days it felt like I was on a roll and I wanted it to continue. The next thing I did was to mount the Directional/Driving Tail Lights on our Bicycle Carrier. When we cover the Bicycles on the Carrier it makes it difficult for someone driving behind us to see them so extra lights are a positive thing. With all of our past Travel and Fifth Wheel Trailers I have installed Backup Lights but not just any little light I use a set of Fog Lamps which also helps when we are backing into spots in the dark. All those lights have been set up to use power from the trailer’s own batteries so as to not overwork the truck’s lighting system. That’s why separate wires are run for any lights added. 
Garlic Noodles with Grilled Breaded Ham and Pickled Beets for Lunch.
Kathy had been busy cooking our lunch inside the trailer and with the Northeast Wind blowing the aroma from the Exhaust Vent in my direction I was more than hungry by the time she called me in to eat. She’d made Garlic Butter Noodles, Grilled Breaded Ham Slices and Pickled Beets. It all tasted wonderful and helped renew my energy levels.  

The high temp for the day was only 61 F (16 C) but the breeze remained cool the entire day. After lunch, I needed to modify one of the Plastic Conduit Elbows by drilling another opening and cementing in another fitting making it into a “T” fitting. I also had to drill some holes into a Plastic Junction Box and add a couple of Wire Fasteners. Next I needed to loose fit the pieces together which meant cutting some Conduit to size to make it all fit together. The next step was to start gluing the conduit to the Junction Box and to start fastening everything in place.  
Had visitors this afternoon.
Earlier in the afternoon Kathy had opened the outside door to let some fresh air into the trailer but at 4:30 we needed to close the door again because the temperature was already dropping. With darkness approaching I put my tools away but not before taking measurements on another project that I can do tomorrow. 
The End.
For supper we had Beef Barley soup to help warm us up. Tonight’s temperature is supposed to reach 25 F (-5 C) so we’ve already turned on the Electric Fireplace. We are expecting some deliveries tomorrow and I have to exchange some Conduit Fittings so I can complete my tasks. What we’ll do with the rest of our day is uncertain. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

He who is not impatient is not in love. 

Italian Proverb

3 comments:

  1. You need to head to lower elevations for some warmer weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with George! -5 for your daytime high?? Yikes, you are braver than we are. Stay warm you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy are you having some cold weather. I don't remember it getting that cold this early in the year. All that cold air hit Ohio today. It is snowing like crazy there. 3-5" expected just today. Brrrr. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete