It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 3, 2016

Given More Than A Hug.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Even though we missed wishing Tyler a face-to-face Happy Birthday we still had quite an enjoyable day. Once we’d turned the lights off in hopes of getting a good night’s sleep things seemed to change. It is very unusual since becoming an adult for me to get sick but I was awakened a few times throughout the night with the feeling that I was about to do just that. As mentioned many times before both Kathy and I have Sleep Apnea and use CPAP Machines to help us breathe through the night thus giving us a higher chance of waking in the morning. Kathy wears a Nose Pad Mask while I wear what is referred to as a Full Face Mask. Let’s just say I was very happy to have avoided getting sick while wearing my mask.  

Even after waking this morning I was experiencing a heaviness in my stomach which I just couldn’t explain because Kathy and I ate the same foods yesterday. That was when Kathy explained that Jen had told her both Connor and Haigan had just gotten over some kind of Stomach Illness. Since we don’t see them that often we never turn away a hug from our grandchildren but in this case (not the first time) we got more than the heartfelt love of a child through their hugs. 

Wanting to get things accomplished outside was high on my priority list but the ability to do it was not there. Kathy saved the day by having me try to get our TracFone up and running. Getting the phone number off their site I kept getting a computer generated message that there was already a work-order in effect for our number so until that was resolved I’d have to call back. That work-order was from our visit to Taylor Michigan in an attempt to get the new phone activated because calling or going online just would not work. 
Leftover Meat Pie and Leftover Fruit Salad.
I finally went on to their Tech Chat Line and hooked up with Antonio. I would type one sentence at a time then post it only to continue giving him some information and telling him the problem we’ve been having. I did that for about five minutes before he was able to respond and start asking the questions that he needed to help us get connected. He then started giving me codes to enter in the phone most that worked some that didn’t. After spending nearly an hour online with Antonio our TracFone now functions with the old phone number and retaining all our purchased minutes. 
Kevin cleaning up a minibike.
It was nearly 1:00 when we sat down to have our lunch and the urge to crawl around under the truck or in the trailer basement hadn’t returned. We then made plans to go to our son Kevin’s home in Amherstburg. When we arrived he was in the garage cleaning a mini-bike that he planned to sell. While Kathy talked with Kevin I was going through bins of tools that were stored in the attic. I did manage to find a number of small things that should have been in the trailer for quite a while. I also found a few things that would help Kevin with some of his jobs. 
Gathering the few things we brought back Home
Kathy needed to pick some groceries at Walmart. While she started her shopping I needed to go wash off my face in an attempt to feel better. Kathy was starting to feel the same as I did so we were Home shortly after 4:00. Once the few groceries we’d gotten were put away we both sat back in our recliners. Neither of us slept but just relaxed which helped to ease the way we were feeling. We had planned to have a campfire this evening but with the way we were both feeling that idea went out the window. 
Salad, English Muffin and some Chicken for supper.
We may not have accomplished anything major but getting our TracFone working and getting ourselves feeling better sounds like we made progress at being ready to head south in four weeks. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time. 

Krackers 

Witty Words of Wisdom 

If at first you don't succeed, 

then skydiving is not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment