It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Supporting A Worthy Cause and Trying To Get Organized.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Sleeping with the windows open due to cooler temperatures again is having grave effects on our lifestyle. It is making it so that we actually keep the bedcovers on all night because as soon as any part of you sticks out of the covers you are almost thrown back inside seeking the warmth you left behind. It is also making us sleep so soundly that we almost don’t want to wake up to start the day. Those effects could grow into a long-term condition called “Hibernation” often practiced by the furrier mammals of the planet. We better be careful as we could be facing another ‘Ice-Age” which has been appearing under the guise of “Winter” each year. Guess we’ll just have to bundle up until it is safe to fly the coop south for the winter. 

It was nearly 9:00 by the time the light shining through the bathroom skylight roused me from a deep sleep. Now that really cut into the time that was intended to make some semblance of sanity of the shed and basement. By the time we had a light breakfast did our morning reading and chores it was nearly 10:30 before either of us were ready to head out the door. 
Second day in a row we have an early visitor.
Today was the Yearly Craft Sale and Park Fund Raiser down at the Park Clubhouse. With the cooler temperatures it was comfortable enough to walk over to check things out. It was seasonal park residents that were making knitted clothing, jewelry, woodcrafts and even a bake sale. Having left Home deliberately with limited resources Kathy spotted what she thought was a worthwhile investment. They were fund raising by selling Sloppy Joe meals which included the sandwich, cole slaw, a bag of chips and a soft drink for five dollars. Since we’d had a light breakfast and we’d have been going Home to have an early lunch that also saved us from having to make it ourselves. We supported a worthy cause and we didn’t buy anything that would clutter up the trailer. 

On the return back to the trailer we stopped at Mike and his wife’s motorhome. I had worked with Mike for over twenty years in the trades at Ford before I retired. Mike has set the beginning of next year as his retirement date. His wife had suggested that they should get a fifth wheel instead of the motorhome but they are still looking. We didn’t stay too long as they had visitors. Before leaving I reminded him of our site so he could see how we were set up. 

As soon as we were back Home Kathy went to speak with one of our Weekend Seasonal Campers while I went inside to get changed and immediately went back outside. Some of the chores I need to accomplish I’ve been losing the supplies to do them with in the shed. If you recall back on the fourteenth of August I had emptied quite a bit of our belongings from the basement of the Avalanche to make our move the next day easier. All of those belongings ended up being stacked in our garden shed making it very easy to lose things. 
Kathy has named him Hooty.
Today I took everything out of the shed and started finding everything I needed. We also found the cases of pop that were stored on the shelf behind all those things and since we are expecting company tomorrow Kathy brought some in to cool down inside. I also restocked a couple of cases of bottled water on the shelf that we’ll be bringing with us when we go south. 

The more things I had spread outside around the picnic table the more visitors we had. Linda came over to chat with Kathy. Later her husband Terry who I had also worked with years ago stopped to chat. Closer to 3:00 Mike, Russ and their wives stopped by to see what we were doing. Everyone was telling me to just keep doing my work but how can you talk if you don’t take the time to listen. 

I finally had to stop at 5:00 because we’d had lunch six hours earlier and I hadn’t been drinking enough water. It didn’t take long for Kathy to heat up the Pepper Steak that she had made the other day for supper.  

Back outside I realized I couldn’t organize the shed unless I organized the basement. I nearly emptied the basement before I started putting things that we’d need to carry on our travels back inside. By the time the sun was setting both the shed and basement were organized somewhat better and I found the supplies that I need to finish other projects. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

To believe yourself to be brave is to be brave; that is the only essential thing. 

Mark Twain, American writer

1 comment:

  1. Every time I organize something I almost always need something soon after that I can't find. I'm still organizing and reorganizing to get the best and most convenient use out of the space in the trailer.

    I sleep like a log when it's cold and I have fresh air coming in. I bury myself under the comforter. Sure feels good after such a hot, hot summer.

    ReplyDelete