It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Storm Cleanup and Chores.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Surprisingly we both managed to sleep very soundly last night even after the severe thunderstorm we had that managed to disrupt our cable/internet connection. Fortunately, I compose our daily blog on a Word document which is then copied to Blogger. Having already transferred the photos to my laptop it was a simple matter of up loading them and the document once our internet connection was re-established. 
Driving Home in last night's storm.
Last night I had mentioned how our trailer was actually shaken by a few hard gusts of wind. This morning after I was up and surprisingly wide awake shortly after 7:00. That meant that getting started on my morning chores was no issue. When I looked outside reading on the computer was the last thing on my mind. Instead I quietly got dressed and went out to clean up our site. The wind had brought down a number of branches as well as toppling a number of our personalized patio accents. Once the cleanup was complete a check of the rain gauge showed we’d received slightly over a half inch of rain however when I looked in the Fairy Village planter the water level was only a half an inch from the top. Makes you wonder how accurate a certified rain gauge actually is. 
Accents blown over from high winds.
This planter was filled to within a half inch from the top with water.
Kathy had just gotten up before 8:00 when she walked in the kitchen and was surprised to find me dressed. If I hadn’t taken pictures of the mess outside she’d have thought that I was just stringing her a line. We knew that the wind had been strong but not that strong. 
Flowers blown off their mushroom stool.
Since we didn’t hear anything about the truck we figured we’d get our major chores done today. While Kathy collected the trash and recycle I changed the linens on the bed. By the time I finished that Kathy had already made sandwiches for an early lunch. Once lunch was over and the laundry sorted I was off to the Park Laundry Room and the Park Trash and Recycle Area. 

When I returned around 3:00 with the folded laundry Kathy said she only done a few things while I was gone. She’d dusted and vacuumed the trailer as well as scrubbing the tiled floors and shower. It’s a good thing she wasn’t busy. 
Supper was leftover Stir Fry with salad and Cantaloupe.
For supper we finished the leftover Stir Fry we’d made the other day. Since the Humidex reached 104 F (40 C) Kathy didn’t want me at the grill. Hopefully we’ll hear the truck is ready tomorrow or we’ll be taking the car to London on Monday. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Witty words of wisdom 

Some days you're the dog, 

Some days you're the hydrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment