It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, February 15, 2016

Laptop Still Down And Lots Of Cleaning.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

When we got up this morning my first thought was that the clock was lying but as soon as I opened the drapes in the living room I understood why I felt the way I did. The clouds were thick, the ground and everything on it were white. As soon as I heard Kathy starting to move around in the bedroom before beginning to make breakfast I turned on the Weather Network to check out what the day would be like. Somehow I’d missed this part of the forecast on last night’s news report. There was something else wrong though. This was a Monday and the parking lot was filled with cars. I’d learn as the day would progress that today was Family Day in Ontario just as it was Presidents Day in the US giving many people a day off from the everyday grind. 
Again! When will it end?
Once breakfast was over as soon as I’d finished my morning reading on the computer I tried coupling Kathy’s laptop to a LED monitor in an attempt to gather some files she needed to work on. The attempt was unsuccessful so the next thing was trying to contact the computer shop. Guess they were having a holiday today as well. 
Our poor truck is not used to this.
Kathy had only cleaned half the file drawers up to this point so she started going through the last of the files. After packing away the monitor and her laptop I had to start shredding the personal papers she was tossing. Then I started going through all the loose pieces of paper that had been gathered and taking up space on my PC desk. All that now remains is a small handful of notes that I’ll transfer to a single note sheet. I disposed of project prints that have long been completed. Combined Kathy and I nearly filled a clear plastic bag for recycling paper. Kathy even took a picture of my desk saying she can’t remember it ever being that clean. 
Without the old PC, telephone and papers it is quite empty.
Tomorrow we’ll be adding to our collection of things stored in our Climate Control Storage Unit. That will leave a lot less in our apartment making it much easier to start our Fulltiming Adventure. It is slowly getting emptied but we still have another two and a half months to go before it can be totally empty. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

 Ask a silly question

If a chicken is crossing the road

Is it poultry in motion? 

1 comment: