It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2015

More Murphy But Getting There.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Both Kathy and I spent different parts of the night at the computers rather than sleeping because our minds just wouldn’t let us sleep. Since we got up to have breakfast this morning we’ve both been dragging. The weather guessers promised us moderate temperatures and sunny skies. What we had was an extreme fog covering that never let the sun shine through the entire day causing the temperature to barely climb above the freezing mark.
Definitely warmer in the Keys.
The only thing that I felt I could make progress on this morning was working on the computers. The first thing I needed to do was reload a program on my laptop that was lost while the techs cleaned up the fragmented viruses. There were also files I’ve been keeping up to date on our backup computer that now had to be transferred back to my laptop. While all this takes time and I didn’t feel like sitting watching lights flashing I worked on my old PC working on a calendar that Kathy will use as a planner for appointments and keeping track of family occasions while we travel.
With the cold temps we really wish we were there right now.
After lunch the weather guessers were still hoping for the skies to clear so there was still hope that I could accomplish some form of outdoor work. First Kathy needed to pick up some supplies at Michaels so she can continue to make the centerpiece for a Christmas Cake. As soon as we rolled in to the parking lot you could tell it was December because it was packed. I dropped Kathy off at the store and then I had driven the truck over by the grocery store in order to park. Even inside the store lots of the shelves were empty as the crowds were elbow to elbow. It took a while to cash out but we didn’t stay longer than we needed.
It was too windy to be on the trailer today.
This was taken three weeks ago.
The dampness in the air was giving us both a chill so we stopped at Tim Horton’s for decaf coffees to warm up. When we finally made it to the trailer at Guardian Storage I couldn’t find my drill. No matter where I looked it just wasn’t there. The fog seemed to be getting thicker even with an increase of a south wind that seemed to be cooling things off so we just headed back to the apartment. As soon we were there I found my drill that I had planned on using for another job.
This is the type of Sunset we enjoy seeing. (Key West)
Kathy put Spare Ribs in the oven for supper because the temperature had already dropped back to the freezing mark making it too cold to use our Weber Q. the way she’d marinated them they still tasted great. This evening I continued working on the computers trying to get things back to normal. Since we’ve been unable to post pictures on our blog it almost felt like a waste of time taking them. Until I can come up with fresh pictures I’ll have to use some from our archives. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

I've discovered that I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

4 comments:

  1. Don't want to rub it in but it was 77* here in Port Richey, Florida just north of Tampa. You will be on the road before long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoyed your company the other day, have to get you over here again! Noticed the problem of not being able to post pictures has been solved. Super! There will always be opportunities for new pics ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely need to find a way to get rid of Murphy! He causes too much havoc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh....I don't mean to laugh but finding your drill at home sounds exactly like something that would happen to us. Never fails.

    ReplyDelete