It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

More Progress Made.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Our new pillows really seem to be doing the trick giving us a more comfortable night’s sleep by taking the heat away from our heads. The only drawback at this time with the pillows is that we find a strong chemical smell from the Gel pad on the pillows themselves. Again this morning I was wide awake and at the computer before 7:00 where I managed to get all my reading completed before going to make breakfast. 

The temperatures were still cool around 10:00 when Kathy headed for Walmart to get some store walking in as well as checking for additional gift ideas. She would manage to cross a few more items off her shopping list. I returned out to the truck in the back parking lot to continue cutting and shaping the aluminum brackets for the solar panels that we purchased for the trailer. By the time Kathy returned from shopping there were only three more cuts to make however she had quite a few bags that had to be brought upstairs so I stopped to give her a hand. 

After our late lunch I didn’t waste any time going back to work on the project. Since all the cuts are being done with a hacksaw on a bench that is not too steady all the edges had to be filed straight and smooth. Once that was complete I needed to start laying out where I’d be drilling holes in the material. Even though I was working behind the truck there were two neighbors from the building that spotted me and thought it was their duty to come over and talk to me. This is taking me longer than I’d hoped for but it is partly because it is being engineered as I’m building it. At this time the panels will be mounted flat but raised slightly above the roof. Later with very little effort they will be made to tilt. With those delays I was just finishing this stage of the brackets when Kathy called me in for supper. 

While I was outside Kathy had made use of the time alone and immediately got all the gifts wrapped that she’d purchased this morning. She’s happy to report that there are only five more gifts to buy and our Christmas Shopping will be complete. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures from
North Carolina.


Krackers

A man volunteers in nursing homes and hospitals by playing his guitar, singing and telling jokes to the patients. One day after entertaining a sick patient he says, "I hope you get better soon."
The sick patient looks up and replies, "I hope you get better soon too."

2 comments:

  1. We've started our Christmas shopping too. It takes the stress off the month of December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas shopping was all done for us before we left Ontario.
    No stress now.

    ReplyDelete