It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Another Solar Site And A Lucky Find.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

After having had a terrible night of sleep on Sunday Night I made a full recovery last night. I only woke at 5:10 and rolled over only to see the clock then displaying 7:35 as the time this morning. Shortly after I got up Kathy was right behind me so we had breakfast at a decent time. As soon as I opened the curtains and saw a heavy frost on all the car windows I knew it was cold outside. Checking the Weather Network on the computer it showed the sun definitely needed to warm things up before we reached the freezing mark.

We had just sat down at the computers this morning when the phone rang. It was Keith from London Fuller apologizing for not having called by the end of business yesterday. He had not received the information that I’d requested from his supplier and had just gotten off the phone with them before calling me. His supplier still needs to gather the information that he asked about so this was basically a heads-up call that he had not forgotten about me. We did brainstorm other alternatives if my first option was not available.

As I’ve mentioned before that I worked in the trades throughout my career. I have also been designing and building things since my early teens. I have worked around and with electricity throughout that same time period. The only challenge to designing and assembling our Solar Panel System was in understanding the different kind of controllers and limitations of the equipment. For me this has just been another project that I am enjoying doing on my own and having the satisfaction that it is not just an assembly line model but something made to my higher standards. At this point the only setback is that while we are paying rent for our apartment we have a limited budget to work with.

Our friend George from Our Awesome Travels gave me the name and site of Discount Solar located in Quartzsite Arizona to add to my Commercial Links For RVers. George had his Solar system installed by these people and it has given him problem free service ever since then. Unfortunately their site doesn’t list any prices on the parts but from what I’ve heard they are very reasonably priced. If any readers of this post are looking at installing solar power to their RVs but aren’t sure how to do it this might be the best way of accomplishing this.

This afternoon we needed to run an errand to the Devonshire Mall and since I still need to repair the car we had to use the truck. The other day I suddenly could not find my set of car keys which is odd because all my keys are on a clip. We searched the entire apartment, (with the use of Kathy’s keys) the car and the truck unsuccessfully. Today after helping Kathy get in the truck I walked around the truck only to spot my missing keys on the ground right next to the rear tire. The electronic Fob was face down which helped keep the rain out we had on the weekend and it still works. What a relief that was to find them.

After leaving the mall we headed over to pick Tyler up at his high school. When he has his hockey equipment with him he is not allowed to bring it on the school bus at the end of the day. As soon as he got home he had to set it up on his drying rack to air it out.

Kathy made meatballs in the Crock pot this morning in a honey garlic sauce to have for supper. Tonight she made a nice vegetable herb rice dish to go with it. It all tasted great and the best part is there is another meal of meatballs waiting for us in the fridge.

Still no luck on the 400 error but I’m still trying. Hopefully I’ll start posting pictures to our blog again soon. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.



Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your dog is the father of every dog in the neighborhood.

1 comment:

  1. Some more info for you Rick.
    http://roadslesstraveled.us/rv-solar-power-tutorial-full-time-rv-cruising-solar-power-kit

    ReplyDelete