It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

Warmer Windy Election Day.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

With the cooler than normal temperatures we’ve been experiencing lately and our new bed cover neither of us has had any problem sleeping at night with the windows closed. In fact we sleep so soundly that I’m wide awake before 7:00.  Kathy wasn’t feeling well before going to bed last night so she slept until nearly 8:30 by which time I’d finished my morning reading. 
Kathy's already dreaming of our next campfire.
After having breakfast Kathy and I walked over to the Post Office to register an important letter. Back at the apartment we started researching our options of which satellite provider we would consider for our trailer. Due to the fact we’ll be using it in Canada as well as when we travel in the US we looked at Shaw Satellite and Direct TV. There’s more research to do but we have until next fall to make the final decision and make the installation.

All morning the wind had been blowing fairly steady. Since I hadn’t clear-coated the paint on the car yet I thought I would try to give it a light sanding in preparation this afternoon. I parked the car next to the truck to block the wind. Unfortunately the thirty five mile an hour winds made it nearly impossible just to sand the car. If I eased my grip on the sandpaper the least bit it would blow out of my hand and I’d have to chase after it. It made the job impossible to complete so I’ll have to hope I can finish it tomorrow morning. Kathy needed a Snap after I got back in the apartment so I got in a short workout. For supper Kathy made some Chocolate Chip Pancakes.     
Another way to stage our bed.
Tonight we’ll be watching the Federal Election results here in Canada. The polls were open until 9:30 tonight which is later than normal. The only thing I have to say about this long drawn out election is I’m glad it’s over with and those that didn’t vote you have no right to complain about anyone elected. We voted at the advanced polls last week. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You've asked for the senior discount at a yard sale.

3 comments:

  1. I have been reading some blogs that said it was slow going at the polls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already sick of our election process here in the US and we don't even vote till NEXT November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes finally done.Can't imagine chocolate chip pancakes.
    Mind you don't care for pancakes or chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete