It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Wet One.


Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Sunday the weather guessers had predicted not forecasted that we’d be faced with an all day rain for yesterday that just didn’t happen. Well last night they finally got it right. They said that we could expect to hear the sounds of thunder rumbling around our area shortly after 2:00.  I was already awake by then and at exactly 2:01 the far away rumbles started until around 3:00 when it sounded like someone going wild on a set of drums. I was having one of my restless nights but luckily Kathy who is scared of lightning didn’t hear a thing and slept soundly. 

While we had our breakfast the sun was shining brightly and the only evidence of the storm were the few standing water puddles in the parking lot. The Weather Network again stated we could expect intermittent showers throughout the day. 

I finished drinking my coffee reading E-mails then finished closing up the tools I’d used in the living room. Looking outside the sun had disappeared behind a thick blanket of threatening clouds. I gathered everything and headed back to the truck to correct the electrical problem I’d run into last evening. I’d no sooner put the tools in the backseat when the first drops the size of a water balloon hit me. I simply closed the door and trotted back inside before I was totally drenched. The Weather Network got this one right as well. The rain would stop just long enough for the pavement to begin drying and then another torrential wave would begin. 

Even though it is still raining outside as I write this post I was able to grill a couple of hamburgers for supper on the Weber Q on our balcony. The rain was blowing in from the northwest and our balcony faces the south keeping me nice and dry. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures taken by Kathy in 
Tennessee in April.


Krackers

What is yellow and goes click-click?


A ballpoint banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment