It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Cooking and Getting Things Straight.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night we were in bed shortly after seeing the weather report on the 11:00 news. We both managed to sleep fairly well to the point that we were getting out of bed shortly after 7:30 this morning. By midmorning we’d finished all our blog and E-mail reading so I consulted my to-do list. I was about to start doing something that I’d have gotten pretty dirty at when I remembered a few errands that needed running this morning. 

Due to changes in our health care coverage there has been an increase in what we have to pay for our prescriptions. I had called our carrier questioning certain charges only to be told we’d overpaid. My first stop was Shoppers Drug Mart where we have our prescriptions filled. When they came up with the answer that it was a dispensing fee that they are allowed to charge above the cost of the script I wasn’t too happy. So they called the carrier who responded the same as they were telling me. Why can’t they just keep things simple the way they used to be? 

On the way home I stopped at Metro Grocery Store to pick up a few things that Kathy needed because she had already started cooking things for supper but was getting ready to do more baking just before I left the apartment. She just put it on hold until I returned with the ingredients that she needed. 

As soon as I got home she started making our lunch. Once lunch was finished and the dishes were washed and put away. Then Kathy started her baking while I set about to do our pill daucettes for the next five weeks. By doing it this way I’m not stuck doing it every Saturday night. By the time I’d finished recycling the empty pill bottles Kathy was in the process of making supper. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer than it was today and Dan the building maintenance man is supposed to come finish our kitchen wall. After that I better get moving on our to-do list because we’re back on the road next Friday. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures taken by Kathy
in Tennessee.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

The only thing your credit card is good for is scraping frost off your windshield.


2 comments:

  1. Anything dealing with medical care drives me nuts. I have tried to figure it out but have stopped trying. It seems like the more they try to simplify it, the more complicated it becomes. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We probably wouldn't need some many prescriptions, if we didn't have all the headaches in getting them filled.

    ReplyDelete