It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Wet Windy Outing.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

After surviving another Tylenol night we were awake by 8:00 this morning. Kathy managed to have less congestion so she managed to have a slightly better night’s sleep. We didn’t have to worry about the sun today because we wouldn’t see it through the heavy rain and wind & clouds that filled the sky. 

While the rain acted like a pressure washer on the vehicles outside this morning we chose to read our E-mails and morning blogs. One of my E-mails was the comment left by Merikay MacKenna regarding the severe leg cramps that I have been experiencing. After reading her comment Kathy used the suggestion to start doing her own research. Now I’ve always prided myself on consuming as little sodium in my diet as possible but that in itself could be the cause of not only the leg cramps but another problem I’m experiencing. I’ll definitely be adding a bit more but not a lot of sodium to my diet. Thank You Merikay! 
This is a five hour tour pertaining to the Prohibition Days.
After lunch we donned our raincoats and headed out for an afternoon of activity. I told Kathy to wait by the door so she wouldn’t get so wet. As I cleared the building’s door recess I was being pushed by the thirty mile per hour winds that were gusting to fifty coming from the north-east. It almost felt like I was being lifted from the ground. 
Kathy with a new friend.
Our destination was the Windsor 50 + Expo being held at the Roseland Golf Course. We have attended this at other locations in the past and were surprised to see it taking place here. Admission was only a dollar apiece but it allowed us to see some things that we didn’t know were available in the area. There were a number of craft vendors in attendance but the majority of them were businesses that took care of the needs of the aging population. There were Senior Living Facilities, Companies that dealt with the newest in Hearing Aides, a company that had everything from mobility assistance to CPAP equipment. Others were there to show case services they performed in the community and even more trying to get seniors involved in the community by volunteering for a number of worthy causes. 
St. John's Ambulance Therapy Dog Services.
I did manage to meet a couple of people that I had worked with at one time or another. I ran into Randy who I had served on a number of committees with at the local. I also ran into Sam who I had worked with in the trades for the short time I had worked in an engine plant. He was there helping his daughter Freda with her booth of hand crafted soaps in the craft area. 

We had planned on stopping at the grocery store for a few things we were running low on but the way the wind was hitting the car which is very aerodynamic we decided to wait until tomorrow. When we looked at the Weather Network they had a warning for heavy rain with possible flooding for our area which is something we have never seen around here. 
It rained so hard the wipers were having a hard time to keep up.
The rain is supposed to continue through the night but hopefully it will clear up tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You named your truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment