It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Progress with Changed Plans.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Yesterday when we stopped at McDonalds for a coffee and Big Mac in support of McHappy Day we both ordered decaf coffees so we wouldn’t have a problem sleeping. We both had such a restless night that we are certain those coffees were in fact not decaffeinated. I even spent an hour on the computer in the middle of the night in hopes of tiring myself out with no luck. We both got up just before 9:00 this morning but neither of us felt very energetic.
With breakfast out of the way Kathy busied herself making me a light lunch. My intention was to go to the storage yard and clean the trailer using the Solution. Kathy would join me later in the afternoon because she had an appointment at 1:00 in the afternoon.
I was out the door shortly after 9:30 and couldn’t have been very far down the road when Kathy got a call from our son-in-law Greg asking if we could return to their house for 1:00 because the company that measured the bathroom countertop would be there at that time to install the finished product. She explained what we were up to so he said he’d see if our granddaughter Ashley could do it and luckily she could.
When I got to Guardian Storage Yard I got a huge surprise. With all the rain we got earlier this week the trailer was three quarters surrounded by water. The side that looked driest oozed water as I walked on it. Since I would be standing on the stepladder most of the day the wet ground would not offer a very stable footing.
I was back home before 10:30 and Kathy’s nurse Mary from Healthy Heals had called to say she was running ahead of schedule so she was on her way. I went out to the parking lot and parked both the car and truck as close to our balcony as I could before going back inside.
Mary was delayed and finally arrived around 11:30. Due to Kathy being Diabetic and having a history of problems with infections in her toe nails our health plan covers in-home foot care. Because I had needed to help alleviate her foot pain while we were away I asked Mary if it would be okay to sit, observe and ask questions so I could better help Kathy out when we are again away for any long periods of time. She said that I must have done a good job from the results she could see.
Once she left Kathy had a chicken wrapped cheese kabobs she wanted me to grill. She had bought it the other day at Metro Grocery Store and it even came in its own little baking pan. I was skeptical that the chicken would cook properly and even though it was on the grill for nearly an hour it didn’t thoroughly cook. The cheese had all melted and burnt in the pan so Kathy had to finish cooking the chicken in the micro-wave and add more cheese. It tasted good but the way they expected you to cook it with the cheese already in it like that was not a practical way of cooking it.
It was 1:30 by the time we finished eating lunch. Kathy returned to wrapping Cxxxxxxxs gifts while I went outside. I had tossed an extension cord from our balcony and spent the next two hours using the shop vac to clean out both our vehicles. For supper we enjoyed a bowl of cold stewed tomatoes and we shared the sandwich that Kathy had made for my lunch.  
After the dishes were washed and put away we drove back to the storage yard to see if the water was still standing. There was still water on the curbside of the trailer from the wheels to the back of the trailer. We also stopped to gas up the car before going to the Dollar Store for some more needed wrapping supplies.
Hopefully I can get some of the trailer cleaned tomorrow because the forecast is for rain tomorrow evening. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Why don't bananas ever get lonely?


Because they go around in bunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment