It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Busy St. Patrick’s Day.

Our Location today is Sugar Loaf Key, Florida, USA.

Within minutes of posting our blog last night, I wrote about the great deal we got on the LED lights then one of the units went out. Since my tools were outside and it was well shadowed in the rear room I just thought that I’d wait and check the problem today. Of course when you are trying to sleep and you have a problem like that your mind just won’t shut down. After spending most of the night tossing and turning it was only natural that I’d sleep in until nearly 8:30 this morning. Now that’s two days in a row that I sleep that late and I surely don’t want to make a habit of it. 

By the time we’d eaten breakfast and completed our morning reading we’d already figured what needed taking care of for the day. The laundry needed to be done so I started changing the bed linens while Kathy changed the bath towels. Next I sorted the laundry before packing it in my carry bags. Since it was nearing lunch I went outside to gather the tools I’d later use on the lamp repair. 

With lunch completed Kathy started working on her bookkeeping while I walked over to the camp’s outdoor laundry room. There were five other people there but there were three available washers so I didn’t need to wait. By the time it came for me to fold the dried clothes I was the only one out there. Because of the amount of laundry I did today it took longer to fold than what I’d estimated it would. Just about the time I reached the trailer Kathy was coming out the door to go look for me worried that I might have passed out from the heat. The temperature was again 82 F (28 C) but with the humidity and low breeze the temp felt like 99 F (37 C) this afternoon. 
A darkened version of the LED working.
Kathy continued on to check the bulletin board by the office while I started putting the laundry away. By the time she got back she was starting to feel weak in the knees from the heat. As she finished putting away her clothes I started disassembling the new LED lamp that had stopped working last night. As soon as I pulled the wires from the ceiling the one wire came apart. I’d used a new style of connector yesterday that didn’t hold up. A quick trip out to my toolbox and I was soon back inside using the old tried and true connectors that I know will not fail. The new LED is once again glowing brightly and will continue to do so for many years to come. 
LED fixture just slightly longer than the original.
It was past 5:00 by this time and Kathy was feeling zonked from her exposure to the afternoon heat so she didn’t feel like cooking even if I grilled something on the Weber. She suggested going to Mangrove Mamas for supper. Because of the heat we drove over. When we arrived there were only a few cars in the parking lot. Even though they had a Corned Beef Dinner special in honor of St. Patrick’s Day we chose to have the Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich. It was one of the best we’ve ever eaten and it was priced lower than today’s special. As we were leaving the place was starting to fill up and the parking lot was getting jammed. 

Back at the trailer the temperature had cooled enough that we walked over to the store for an Ice Cream Treat for dessert to cool us down even more. We walked towards the beach and sat down to finish eating our treats. We also got to enjoy watching the antics of the children on Spring Break enjoying the water. 

We didn’t go to Key West today because of it being St Patrick’s Day. We did that last year and it was elbow to elbow people making it difficult to do anything especially finding someplace to eat without an hours wait. Since we’ll be going to Key West on Thursday anyway we’ll find something to occupy our time with tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Flushing your toilet requires both hands.

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the LED lights! Hope Kathy was just dealing with the heat and not getting sick.
    KarenInTheWoods and Steveio
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we had some of that heat here right now, soon though.

    ReplyDelete