It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Redesigning.

Our Location today is Punta Gorda, Florida, USA.

Again last night we needed to run our heater to take the dampness from the air. Before going to bed we had also discussed further adjustments that would make the trailer better suited for what we expected of it. We had no problems falling asleep but somewhere during the night I started dreaming (which is unusual for me). The dream consisted of the modifications of not only the flag pole mount on the pin box but the redesigning of the front wall in our main clothes closet. By 6:00 this morning I was wide awake and no matter how I tried to stop thinking my mind refused to shut down. Shortly after 7:00 I was up reading at the computer and once again had completed my reading before Kathy got up. She slept later this morning because she also had a restless night dreaming causing her to work in her sleep. 

With breakfast out of the way Kathy did her morning reading while I did my chores and more measurements in the front closet. Even though I had planned on working on other projects today with some reconsideration and discussion with Kathy we changed our plans. I made a call to Always Shiny Wheels and RV the company now in charge of distributing The Solution. Since Kathy and I were happy with its results when we had used it before we thought that it would be worth our while to order more because they don’t ship to Canada.

Since it was just after 11:00 we chose to have an early lunch and finish the last of the Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup that Kathy had made earlier this week. By 11:45 we were on our way to find the Walmart in Punta Gorda and again the GPS drove us in a circle to get us there. Kathy was looking for a few items that she needed and it also gave us time to walk around. I had noticed a few weeks ago that my white running shoes were starting to come unraveled but couldn’t find any in my size. Today my luck changed and I had my choice of style as well.

Our next stop was the True Value Hardware Store where I was once again looking for nylon washers in order for the flags to better hang on their poles. I explained what I needed and why to a clerk. She helped us look high and low with no luck. Just as we were about to leave she said to wait she had what I needed. Returning she had exactly what I needed and they are made for the purpose of hanging flags but she hadn’t thought of them at first. 

Our next stop was Home Depot on Burnt Store Road. (Have you ever wondered how they come up with some of those street names?) Here we picked up the materials and hardware that it will take to modify our front closet. 

After we’d unloaded the truck back at the trailer and since it was nearly 3:00 I walked to the office to see if any of our other parcels had arrived. I got there just before the clerk was about to lock up for the weekend but there was nothing there waiting for us.

Kathy had been busy making her Taco Soup while I was gone. I helped collect the recycling materials and to do the dishes. The soup turned out good but after it sits overnight it will taste great as the flavors meld together. For supper I grilled a couple of hamburgers to go with the Angel Food Cake with fruit that Kathy had prepared. 
Kathy's initial in the sky.
Tomorrow maybe I might just get another project on the trailer finished or maybe not. It’s all written in Jello. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Employee Evaluation

"Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap."

1 comment:

  1. renovations on a rv, seem to be all the rage..nothing like re-organzing to make more room for more stuff!

    ReplyDelete