It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Relieved

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night I was tired enough to fall asleep nearly as fast as I laid my head on the pillow but sleep well I did not. This morning I had an appointment with a Dermatologist upon the suggestion of my family doctor. Just having to set the alarm clock for that purpose seems to do the same to me as the anticipation of a travel day. 
Getting up a half hour before the alarm I thought I’d simply start quietly getting things ready for breakfast for whatever time Kathy might wake up. Have I mentioned before that with just my absence from the bedroom she awakens. Within five minutes we were both sitting at the table having our cereal and waiting for the coffee to finish brewing.
The Weather Channel confirmed that we were still due for more s@#w and cold temperatures but nothing like Buffalo, New York. Those poor people were nearly entombed by the lake effect storm that covered their area. We spent about ten minutes doing some quick reading before heading out for the appointment.
Pulling out of our parking spot the indicator on the truck’s dash was showing the parking brake still being on. I tried a few old tricks before it finally cleared. This year all the brakes on the truck have been replaced so this is not something we should be having to deal with anytime in the near future.
Arriving at my appointment I had to go through the customary filling in of the forms so they can add you to their files before having you wait past your time. The reason my doctor sent me to the Dermatologist was because of a few spots that had developed in the edge of my hairline. Having retired from a career as a welder your body is exposed to Ultra Violet and Infer Red Rays more than what twenty sun worshipers would be in a lifetime. Also the fact that so many of my relatives succumbed to illnesses that many others out there are battling or have lost someone the same way. Having not told my concerns to Kathy before I was totally relieve when the doctor gave me the All Clear.
We stopped at Windsor Gas and Diesel where I explained the brake problem to Jim. He stopped what he was working on and laid under the truck in the s@#w while I worked the parking brake. The cables were working freely so the problem is the release sensor is not releasing because of the cold weather. 
We stopped at Walmart to get some walking exercise in a warm environment as well as picking a few groceries for the next couple of days before heading home.
The sun actually started shining through the clouds when we pulled into the apartment parking lot. It felt great being home for lunch because just being inside and out of the wind made us both feel toasty warm.
Our daughter Karen stopped in for a short visit this afternoon. We learned more about the uphill battle she’ll be going through in order to recover from her accident earlier this year.
With only 5 weeks to our departure date we have lots to get ready and hopefully milder weather this weekend will help us out. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Curses, like chickens, come home to roost.

1 comment: