It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Frustrations and Cool Down.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

After posting the blog last night I just couldn’t seem to relax so I kept working on a Calendar that Kathy asked me to make for her desk. Since Kathy struggles to keep tabs on Birthdays and Anniversaries I add them directly on the calendar to make things easier for her to keep track of.  I was still going strong when Kathy went back to the living room and continued reading the book she had gotten into. Since the temperature was still mild outside Kathy had me open the window for a bit of fresh air. It was after 12:30 by the time we finally got to bed. 

I only woke once through the night and was up by 7:00 this morning feeling refreshed. Kathy wasn’t so lucky spending most of the night tossing and turning but was up before 7:30 because she sensed that I had left the bedroom. While having our breakfast we figured that it was the sugar treats that we’d eaten while visiting with Kevin and Melissa. Being the good hostesses they are there was a small dish of sweets on the table just calling our names to nibble on and unfortunately we did. That is probably why we were so wide awake last night as well from all the Sugar. 

After breakfast Kathy headed for the computer while I restacked our supplies in the living room. These that can’t be put in the trailer until we are about to leave because they could freeze and spoil in the cold temperatures. It seemed things were spreading out as purchases were being made but by the time I finished it the pile used a lot less floor space. 

Since the sky was overcast and a steady drizzle of rain was falling after doing my morning reading I continued working on Kathy’s calendar. Since we had the problem the other day with Kathy’s printer I simply E-mailed the files over to my PC in order to print them. I should have known better. Since my Laptop is Windows 7 and my PC is Windows XP I had to start readjusting the sizing in order for the pages to come out the way they should. 

Kathy warmed up the last of the Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for our lunch with some grapes for dessert and it was all good and healthy. We did the dishes as soon as our meal was over because we had Mary a nurse from Healthy Heals coming for an appointment with Kathy. Since Kathy has Diabetes and has a foot problem our medical coverage allows for in-home treatments. 

I had started printing the calendar by the time Mary arrived and since it would take quite a while to print I went to get the mail downstairs. When I returned Mary was already working on Kathy’s feet but when I looked in the office the printer wasn’t working. It was showing a message that the document had failed to print. I tried all kinds of things to make those last three pages print including making them a separate document without luck. Out of frustration I pulled the printer from its shelf and placed it on the floor to replace it with its spare. As soon as I put the printer that was causing all the problems on the floor it started printing and completed the document the way it was supposed to in the first place. 

Kathy needed to take a Snap after Mary left to recover some of the sleep she had not gotten last night. The temperatures will be dropping below the Freezing mark in the next few days and the National Weather Forecasters are using the words Polar Vortex again. We might have to turn the heat on in the apartment but with less than 50 days before we leave it won’t be so hard to take. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

How do you feel when your best friend runs off with your husband?


Pity.

1 comment:

  1. We have all our birthdays and anniversaries for family and friends, on Google Calendars on line we share the calendar and it emails us notifications, to remind us of these upcoming events anytime or as many times as we want. Just enter the dates once and they repeat every year. Makes it pretty simple.

    ReplyDelete