It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Wind, Rain and Shaving.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Watching the 11 o’clock News last night the weather forecast indicated that we could expect mild temperatures throughout the night. Hearing that we chose to sleep with the windows ajar for the fresh air. Was that ever a mistake! Shortly after going to bed the wind picked up to the point where it howled for the rest of the night and continued throughout today. 

Even though we spent the night in and out of sleep we both woke around 8:00 this morning feeling tired. At breakfast even though we could have used it we even resisted the urge of having a second cup of coffee. We were reading at the computers by 9:00 and listening to the wind howling and rattling the windows. 

By ten I knew if I was going to accomplish anything on the cart today I’d better get to it. So once again the tarp and workshop were set up in the living room. Up to this point I had been unable to take proper measurements for the last pieces for a bookshelf that is being added to the cart we’re making for the trailer. Using my hand powered Miter saw I was able to cut the last of the trim pieces to their exact sizes. 

Kathy decided on an early lunch so we finished the last of the Turkey Casserole from the other day made from the leftovers of our early family Thanksgiving Dinner. Eating and watching the weather report they showed a change for our area to include an afternoon rain shower that wouldn’t stop until tomorrow. 

After the lunch dishes were finished I drove over to the trailer in the storage yard to retrieve a few tools I thought would help to make this job easier. Upon reaching the trailer I quickly retrieved what I needed as a light drizzle was already starting to fall. Once I was back inside the apartment the rain started coming down with a vengeance. 

When I got back home Kathy had been busy baking up rice squares. They make great snacks or desserts, have no sugar and are healthy for you. 

Back to the job at hand I needed to finish dressing the wood removing any sharp edges with a file and sandpaper.  I then took the time to clean and stain the new pieces so they would blend in with the rest of the cart but because of the high humidity I wasn’t able to mount them in place today as they were just too tacky. I completed the afternoon by mounting the hardware and the door onto the cart and piloting the holes for the last of the fasteners. 

This project is taking way too long to complete but better to take my time and not make any more mistakes like I did when I tried to rush earlier in the project. I should be able to complete it tomorrow along with the other things we have planned to do. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your waistline, TV screen, and tires are all over fifty inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment