It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Where’s The Warmth and Another Problem.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

It was nearly 1:30 by the time I fell asleep last night. The next thing I knew it was 7:30 in the morning and I was wide awake. There was no reason to just stay in bed and have my back start acting up so I got up to start making breakfast. Minutes later Kathy was coming out to join me because she sensed my absence from the bed. 

Watching the Weather Channel while we ate breakfast the main reports were about the hurricane that had just hit Bermuda and was on its way towards Newfoundland.  The part that centered around our area was the high winds as well as the cooler temperatures that we were to expect didn’t impress us. Most of this year the temperatures for this region have been well below the norm. 

After checking our E-mails and morning blogs that we follow I added a countdown widget at the top of our sidebar making it easier to see how long it will be before we head south on our winter adventures. With Kathy’s encouragement I finally restarted my exercising and by the time I finished I felt great. Hopefully I didn’t overdo it so that I can still move tomorrow. 

This past summer the Sigma lens for our Canon DSL had to be sent away for repairs because of incorrect autofocusing. Since its return it has functioned flawlessly until last night. Being that I recently purchased an identical camera body with a Canon lens I was able to interchange the lenses and verify that it was the Sigma lens that had failed again. 

After lunch we weren’t home long before we headed out to watch our grandson Tyler’s hockey team play at the new Belle River Arena. Last weekend both Tyler and his friend Ethan were away with their families up at the cottage. This weekend they were again both away but on school outings. This again left their team shorthanded but as I said in the past this team has heart and determination and when things get tough the tough get going. 

Having less players for turnovers they made certain that every move counted. They played great defensively but had an excellent game offensively. By the time the game was over Tyler’s team walked away with 4 – 1 victory. With the outside temperature never hit 50 F (10 C) today we needed to stop for a hot chocolate after the game because we were frozen. 

Once we were slightly warmer we drove to Henry’s Cameras. They accepted my diagnosis of the problem and will call me when it is back. They said they seldom have to send away Sigma lenses once let alone twice. If the problem ever occurs a third time it is Henry’s policy that they will replace it with a new lens. It did feel strange shooting the hockey game today with a different lens. 

For supper Kathy and I worked together to make a wonderful tasting Penne. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as cold as today and we have things to do. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You stay married for the sake of the tattoos.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain about the camera lens. My little Canon died and I'm having to use my old one or the DSLR.

    ReplyDelete