It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Completing Chores and Cutting Back.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

The one thing we have both known for some time is that sleeping with the windows open at night is one of the best ways of getting a good night’s sleep. We have been doing that whenever the weather is not raining or the temperatures not too hot or cold. The only problem we have with it is that we sleep so soundly that we are sleeping much later than we prefer to in the morning. Nan Talley might not agree with our way of thinking after what she and John experienced while out Boon Docking lately. 

Even though I was up nearly an hour before Kathy woke up it was nearly 9:00 before we had our breakfast. The Weather Channel gave a disappointing forecast for all the young Trick or Treaters that were hoping for clear skies for tomorrow night in southern Ontario. They even disappointed us when they showed that there could be a mixture of rain and that cold wet stuff we don’t like to talk about.  We might have to close our bedroom windows on the weekend because it could turn the water in our CPAP machines to ice. 

After finishing our morning reading I changed into my exercise clothes and got in a good workout. I extended my cardio but didn’t push the all-out run I did the other day that exhausted me to the point that I couldn’t do my weight routine. I also got in a good weight routine today as  I was able to add an extra set which meant I basically doubled my weight routine. 

Kathy had gone to do some reading in the living room and when she heard me closing up my equipment she knew it was time to start making lunch. She made a nice hot pork sandwich for each of us that was more than adequate from a roast she made in the slow cooker yesterday. 

After lunch Kathy returned to her computer so she could continue doing some research on the change of plans on our return in April. I went outside to work on the truck only to turn around once I got in the parking lot because the wind was so cold. Once I found my coveralls in the closet I went back outside where I changed the auxiliary fuel tank filter and was surprised to find it full of water. I also reset the remote starting fob which seems to constantly get out of sync before collecting all the light fixtures that I plan on working on while were away this winter and storing them in the truck. 

Even though we had the windows in the apartment open when I got back inside it almost felt like the heat was on because I was out of the wind. Kathy was still busy researching and starting to get confused so while she worked on her laptop I worked on mine. We found a different place to stay after we leave the Florida Keys that will put us only minutes from our next planned adventure. One problem solved! 

For supper we worked together to create wonderful pork/vegetable/noodle dish that again was very satisfying. After doing the dishes and sitting down to watch the 6 o’clock News Kathy served us a Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt Cone for dessert. The good thing about Frozen Yogurt is that is only twenty percent of the calories of regular ice cream with only five percent of the fat. 

With tomorrow being Halloween we have some errands to run before the kids are out in the evening but we also have other plans. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You stockpile pork and beans.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of planning ahead we like to just wander about and end up wherever the roads take us usually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about sleeping with the windows open. That is always our goal, but it's getting a little too cold right now here in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween was last weekend in my dad's neighborhood in Ohio. He had over 300 kids. He said he even had to open the 4th bag of candy for some late comers. That's a lot of money in candy.

    ReplyDelete