It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Saving When We Can.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

I mentioned yesterday that I had to pick up a form from my doctor’s office for my yearly blood testing. This morning I woke shortly after 7:00 and within minutes was driving across town to the medical lab. By the time I arrived shortly after 7:30 there were already 6 people ahead of me waiting their chance to have their blood work completed. With that kind of delay I didn’t get back home until after 8:30.

I have also mentioned before how light a sleeper Kathy is. It was only a matter of moments after I had walked out the door this morning that Kathy sensed my absence from the bed and woke up. She had eaten breakfast by the time I returned home and was already sitting at her computer. Once I had eaten my breakfast I joined her and started my reading. 

By 10:00 we were on our way out the door heading over to the local Shoppers Drug Mart. The reason was that yesterday we had noticed all the different Vitamins that we use were on sale at a reduction of 40% or better. Because we bring our vitamins from home when we travel south it is important for us to save money by making bulk purchases like this. Unfortunately the first store we went to didn’t have enough of the vitamins we were looking for that would hold us over until the end of May next year. The second location we went to didn’t have their products on sale. We finally finished our purchases at the third store we tried. 

Back at the apartment we worked together to make some nice Chicken and VeggieWraps for our lunch. After we did the dishes Kathy got into one of her cooking moods while I started repackaging our purchases. By the time I got finished filling the bottles that were less than half full I was down to one bag of Vitamins from the two and a half I started with. It is a crime the way manufactures over-package their products. 

For supper we decided to go out to the Sandbar Bar and Grill. One of the reasons was we still had a gift card from them to use and Tuesday is their night for Sirlion Steak. Just like the last time the steak was done to perfection. We also got another surprise when we were told the gift card was worth twice the amount we thought it was. 

Kathy and I would like to welcome Rosie as our newest blog follower. Unfortunately she has no personal blog listed that we can tell you about but if I see a change in that status we’ll be certain to give you a Shout Out so everyone interested can check it out. Again welcome to our blog. 

This evening Kathy started making her budget entries of our purchases we made today and found out we had saved enough money to pay for a new tire on the truck. Here’s hoping we can save more money like that. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Any port in a storm.

1 comment: