It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Something New.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Yes I know I talk a lot about restless nights not sleeping well but this is our way of keeping track of that. The last few days we started having problems with our computers so after Kathy was safely tucked in bed I was still working on our computers. First I ran the Super-Antispyware and once that was finished I started Norton’s Antivirus to get rid of anything that might be the cause of our problems. After getting rid of any threats I rebooted the laptops before making it to bed by 1:00. 

Throughout the night all I did was toss and turn but for some reason after laying in bed awake for some time I finally got out before 7:00 this morning. No I didn’t see the sun come up but my back was telling me it was time to get out of bed. Kathy actually slept the entire night and slept until just before 8:00 but still felt tired. 

It was a morning of working at the computers and thankfully no more problems from spyware. Kathie called telling us that Ross’s condition was improving and even though his doctor had not yet seen him today the nurses suggested that he’d probably be released on Monday. I modified the shelf for the second printer on my desk all before lunch. 

Shortly after 1:00 Karen called to say they were on the road heading for Kitchener and reminded me to feed Sanford. Moments after she hung up she called back. She had bought some corn on the cob to bring on their trip but had forgotten it in the kitchen. Figuring that it would turn bad before they got back home she said we should take it home to eat so that it doesn’t go to waste.  
Something strange across the field. 
Since it was too warm according to Kathy to be on the balcony (97 F Humidex) I attempted to add a program to my laptop. After ten tries I packed it in. Kathy had already taken spare ribs out of the freezer for supper so we left early to go to Karen’s 
A neighbor that likes to travel with all his toys.
Sanford is always happy to see us but when I picked up his ball to go outside he was out the door before I could make it myself. He puts his whole existence into retrieving that ball and would come running back at a full gallop dropping the ball ten feet away knowing it would roll back to me. The heat finally got to him and he scooted right past me and jumped into the pool to cool down. He held the ball in his mouth while he did laps. We finally toweled him down before bring him back inside to give him his dinner. He is so cute and we love watching him play. 
One of the young tenants from our building.
Back at the apartment Kathy was about to start husking the corn but I stopped her. On Friday I read The Caretaker Chronicles where Bob explained a way of microwaving corn with the husks still on and once cooked clean it all off in one fell swoop. Reluctantly she stopped what she was about to do and did as I instructed. I had preheated the Weber so I then went out to grill the Spare Ribs wrapped in foil with barbecue sauce inside. Turning the heat to medium and turning them after 7 minutes on both sides they came out perfect. The corn tasted great and the husk came off in one swoop. Unfortunately it smelled and tasted so good we totally forgot to take any pictures. Thanks for the tip Bob!  

Tonight we were supposed to be able to see the Super Moon quite well shortly after sunset. Even though I wasn't out there that long the best picture I could get was a cloud covered moon that didn't look any larger than it normally does. I did however manage to get a couple hundred mosquito bites in the short time I was out there. 
Kathy and I had to return to Karen's to let Sanford out for his last run of the night because we found out our granddaughter Kylla stopped to have dinner with her parents in Kitchener thus making her return home not until after midnight. We didn't think Sanford would appreciate crossing his legs that long.  

With tomorrow being Monday we are really going to get busy around here and we can have more corn on the cob, Thanks Karen have a good trip. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

A rising tide lifts all boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment