It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Forgetfully Behind but Catching Up.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

This wonderful cool mild air can stay here year round as far as we’re concerned because neither of us are having a problem sleeping with the windows open at night. Knowing that we’ll be having an early morning coming on Monday we are trying to get extra sleep before it happens. Even after trying to go back to sleep this morning I was still out of bed by 7:30 and it was only minutes later that Kathy followed me. 
Grandson Matthew in foreground.
Once we’d finished reading the morning blogs Kathy wanted to change the loveseats around in the living room so that they will wear evenly because the one seems to get used more than the other. This also gave her a chance to dust and clean behind them. 
Fire-fighters mixing it up with Matthew's team.
With the forecast for rain in our area this afternoon I decided to go to the Credit Union this morning to take care of our banking. I also managed to stop to fuel up Kathy’s car even though it didn’t need it but I figured that adding fresh gasoline to the tank would help the fuel that was put in there nearly three months ago. 
Joe leading the charge against Matthew
For lunch today we had Penne with meat sauce that Kathy had cooked up yesterday from the food that she wanted to stop from spoiling. For dessert Kathy had baked some Sweet Potato and Walnut Tarts this morning while I was out. They were delicious! 
Emma singing at Canal days.
Once the dishes were finished I fired up the Weber while Kathy prepped a whole chicken that she wanted me to grill because you just can’t beat the taste of chicken grilled on the Weber. As soon as I put it directly on the grill I lowered the heat to Low and Slow like George is always telling us and closed the lid. 

It dawned on me at that point that I had promised to E-mail some soccer pictures to Joe who was one of the local Firefighters that had played soccer against our grandson Matthew’s team. After editing the file of pictures for nearly an hour the phone rang and it was our dear friend Pauline. We have stopped at her home a number of times lately to visit only to find no one home. She explained that she has been out camping and hiking with her grandson on the Bruce Peninsula. We’ll finally be getting together for a visit soon. 
Emma singing a duet at Karaoke.
I was nearly finished editing the pictures for Joe who thank goodness is not in a real hurry for them when I checked on the chicken on the grill. Because of the cool winds it took nearly two hours to cook through. I had just shut the grill when I realized that I had promised to edit some pictures of our granddaughter Emma singing at the Canal Days that I took two weeks ago. The family is coming to town and I said I’d have them ready for this weekend. Switching to Emma’s pictures I worked on them until my eyes were starting to cross. 
Singing at Karaoke.
That was when Kathy called me for supper. She made a baked potato that we shared and baby carrots to go with the chicken that I had grilled earlier. They all tasted wonderful. 
Grilled Chicken, Baked Potato and Baby Carrots.
After supper I continued editing the pictures for Emma until I realized that I hadn’t written the blog yet. I should have all the pictures edited before I go to sleep tonight. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Fine words butter no parsnips.

1 comment:

  1. I made a folding windbreak for our Q really helps on the windy days, and sometimes need to turn the heat up a bit if it is not cooking fast enough.

    ReplyDelete