It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Busy Christmas, Halloween Shopping and a Visitor.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

With the help of a regular strength Tylenol I had no problem sleeping the entire night but I had the alarm set for 8:00 this morning so you would think that I would stay awake through most of the night. Not at all. As a fact I slept so well that I woke up on my own feeling well rested minutes before the alarm went off. I had all the window blinds open and started breakfast before I woke Kathy at 8:03. 

I had my yearly physical with my family doctor today and Kathy decided to come for the ride so we were on the road by 8:35. The quickest way across town is still by the Expressway but unfortunately there is still construction going on that bottlenecks traffic up by Howard Avenue. We still managed to get to my appointment with ten minutes to spare. Kathy went next door to the drug store while I had my physical and managed to find a number of toiletries that we’ll be needing to restock the trailer with when we leave in December. I passed the examination and now I just have to get the blood tests done. 

We then headed over to the Devonshire Mall in search of things listed on someone’s Christmas wish list. With only 119 shopping days left we hit a number of stores and were actually able to scratch a few things off that list. We had probably walked the mall at least three times before we stopped at the food court for lunch. We again used coupons that help us keep costs down and re-energized us. 

We then headed at our local Value Village in hopes of finding more things from that list. With no luck on that front we instead changed our focus. We will be attending a Halloween party at our son Kevin’s on October 25th so we needed to find some costumes. It took a while to find first the costumes but then the accessories to go with them but now we are all set. 

From there we stopped at the storage yard and went to the trailer. Kathy again took more food stocks from the pantry while I stowed away the camping chairs we’ve been using at soccer games and got some fasteners and my drill that I’ll be using on my upcoming project. 

We stopped at the Credit Union to do some banking before going over to check out Captains. This is a novelty import store that we had hoped we would be lucky to find a couple of things from that special list. They have recently restocked the store so we struck out on finding anything there. 

Back to Walmart we were once again walking the aisles and with a little brainstorming between Kathy and I we found a few items that will be along the lines of what was being asked for. It was nearly 5:00 when we went to McDonald’s for supper. Yes we used coupons again to save some cash. 
Tyler checking the pile of Christmas gifts wrapped in our dining room.
Shortly after watching the news at home our grandson Tyler came over for a visit. We learned that he had been over last night and this afternoon but we weren’t home. That proves that we don’t stay home much. He stayed and watched a storm movie with Kathy while I am writing this blog post. We’ll be driving him home after the movie is over. 

Kathy and I would like to welcome Ruth Read from the blog Travel With Kevin and Ruth as our latest follower. We aren’t the world travelers that she and Kevin are but hopefully we’ll be able to share some valuable tips that will keep them interested. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

A still tongue makes a wise head.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you two have had a busy day with doctor visits and shopping. Glad you were able to find some of the items on the list. Thanks for the mention as well.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our Christmas shopping has been done for a log time.

    ReplyDelete