It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

This Blog's for The Birds.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

For reasons unknown after spending time working outside yesterday I only managed to have short naps throughout the night no real deep sleep. Kathy fared slightly better and was much more alert than I was at the breakfast table. 

Once breakfast was over I headed outside to work on the truck but as soon as I touched the driver’s door most of the small pond that had gathered from last night’s rain storm on the Toneau cover came running off. Since I couldn’t make things any worse I lifted the cover so that I could get to my tool box. With the appropriate tools in hand I now had a waiting game because the truck was dripping of water and the pavement below it was soaked which was where I had to work under it.

Figuring that I’d go work on the computer for a bit I was about to start walking back to the apartment when I spotted something move in the tall grass on the other side of the fence. I stopped to look and couldn’t believe my eyes that I was looking at a wild turkey. I went back to the apartment and told Kathy of my discovery then grabbed the camera to take a couple of pictures. Back near the truck I was in for a bigger surprise when I spotted the turkey with a brood of 7 or 8 young all staying close to her but trying to stay in the cover of the high grasses as well. 

After taking a number of shots I brought the camera back upstairs where Kathy suggested that I sort my containers from the trailer. It didn’t take long at all before I had reduced a reasonable amount of things from each container and had the containers all repacked. Once lunch was over I had to hand carry the bins out to the truck with only one returning to the trailer and the other two being stored. I also tried working under the truck but the screws were too corroded so I’ll try again soon after I spray it with WD40. 

This was also a day for catching up by calling my sister Anna in London to wish her a Happy Birthday but unfortunately only got her answering machine. So “Happy Birthday Anna!” We’ll talk to you soon. Next I spoke with Neil who was also in the same trade category as myself at Ford’s. We’d last spoken just before Christmas 2013. We spoke for nearly an hour but we’ll be getting together for a coffee sometime soon. 

Kathy and I had supper around 4:00 which is early because we had a number of things to do tonight. First we stopped at the trailer and I replaced the one container we’ll be carrying for this time and rearrange a few others. Then heading towards Amherstburg we stopped in at Sun Parlour Trailer to drop off a number of RV related parts that I have changed in our trailer and were only taking room in the basement. Rob will make use of them and when we need something to be ordered he’ll normally give us a good deal on it. 

We continued on to our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s for our weekly visit. We had a couple of Rubber Maid containers to give them that I had used in the trailer before. Kevin will make good use of them and it’s the least we can do for them letting us work on the trailer in their driveway. We had our usual fun visit however we had to start closing windows really quick when suddenly the rain started coming down in sheets. 

The rain had ended by the time we left to come home however by the time we got five miles down the road the rain was back and continued until we reached home. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

The cumulative time that office workers spent waiting for elevators in the last twelve months totaled 92 years across 16 cities.

IBM Smarter Buildings Study, 2010

2 comments:

  1. This is the time of year to see the wild turkeys, a few families around here too, but now good shots yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wild turkey shots. Now that would be a great treat to wake up to.

    ReplyDelete