It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Packing in Preparation.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Just like Thursday night I felt invigorated before going to bed so I did the same thing last night as then I took a regular strength Tylenol before going to sleep. Just like Friday morning Kathy woke up before me while I continued to sleep until nearly 8:30 this morning. It is a sad state when the only way you can guarantee that you’ll sleep all night is to take something to calm yourself down before going to bed. 

Shortly after breakfast I went back to work on the doors for the CPAP compartments for the trailer. Since all the trimming had to be done using a wood chisel the rate of progress was very slow. I did manage to have the first door glued and clamped before Kathy told me it was lunch time. Sticking with the rule of not wasting food she defrosted left-over pizza from last December that she had found in the freezer while taking inventory. While I was working in the living room she had been doing further research on the computer for not only this coming trip but also future trips in the coming years. 

The second door took an equal amount of time but as it was in the glue drying phase I was able to sand the first and prep it for staining. This also gave me time to start gathering the tools into groups of where they get stored. As earlier Kathy called me to the supper table for a wonderful meal of Perogies with melted cheese and bacon bits.   

Once the dishes were washed and we’d watched the 6 o’clock News I applied the first coat of stain to the door panels on the balcony. While they were drying I managed to load all the things that have to go back to the trailer tomorrow as well as some food supplies that Kathy had already packed. The panels were still feeling tacky just a while ago so I’ll finish them in the morning. Our living room no longer looks like a workshop. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

A mouse may help a lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment