It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Quick Shopping Trip and More to The Modification.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

I experienced another restless night’s sleep last night so my body made up for it by sleeping until nearly 8:00 this morning. Of course as long as I was lying in bed Kathy continued getting her much needed sleep. At breakfast we discussed what our plans were for the day. Since we had nothing else planned I wanted to continue working on the trailer modification but I first needed some parts. Since I needed to reroute water lines to an outdoor shower I needed to get them closer to the wall so the drawer would fit.

We headed over to Leisure Trailer looking for RV related type water fittings. Would you believe for such a large operation they would have had to order them in and that would take a couple of weeks so they recommended going to the hardware store.

Heading back towards Windsor we stopped at Home Hardware where Sandy didn’t have any plastic fittings but she did have brass fittings that would truly do the job. She confided in us that she had put in her notice that she was retiring due to health reasons and that she and her husband had a small trailer that they wanted to travel in. Both Kathy and I very much encouraged her to do so and to enjoy her travels and life as much as she can because we all know how short it can be.

Our next stop was at Walmart where we found a tower fan to replace our fan at home. The old one just took up too much space and we were constantly getting hung up on it. We made one more stop next door at Home Depot to pick up drainage fittings for the trailer. I made certain to get extra fittings just in case Plan A, B or C didn’t work. Returning hardware to Home Depot is always easy and hassle free and it is better to have the extras with you than having to run back and forth each time the design changes. 
Notice drain line above the shower housing.
It was lunch time by the time we got back to the apartment. By the time we had lunch and assembled the new fan it was slightly after 1:00 by the time I got to the trailer. Again Kathy chose to stay behind and get a few things done in the comfort of the Air Conditioning in the apartment. 
Water and drainage lines in way of new drawer.
I had managed to redirect the propane line yesterday but I had a lot more to do today. I needed to lower the drainage line from the kitchen sink as well as moving two sets of water lines to make room where the drawer will fit under the oven. 
With the drawer just sitting in place there is room between the brass fittings. 
Today I again made myself more space by removing the silverware drawers under the cupboard. This allowed me more room to work and redirect the kitchen sink drain line. Once the old line was removed it was time to rebuild the drain one piece at a time until it was completed. Then I had to start gluing it together one joint at a time. There was only one glitch that required me to use an extra fitting that I had planned on returning. 
Now there is room for the new drawer to fit.
Notice the drain below the shower housing.
Once all the wires and water lines were moved out of the way it was time to start mounting the drawer. Unfortunately what I had imagined where all the lines would be was not what I had. After more measuring and more changes to the plans I noted it was nearly 5:30 and I was out of drinking water so I closed up for the day and headed home. 
The drawer will now pass over the drain on the right side of the opening.
Kathy had supper ready the moment I walked in and since I’ll return to the trailer early in the morning when it is cooler she’ll come with me tomorrow while I finish this latest modification. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your one call from jail is to vote on American Idol.

3 comments:

  1. Slowly you are getting thing done. Gotta soon get out there and use that trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would think the manufacturer could have figured all this out and put a drawer in there.... much much easier doing it in manufacturing than what you had to go through..

    ReplyDelete