It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

Coming Together.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

This is getting to be such a habit you would almost think that we were setting an alarm clock. Minutes before 7:00 my eyes opened wide and I headed to the kitchen to start making breakfast. Seconds later Kathy woke up because I was not in bed next to her. Would have been nice to sleep in a bit? Yes but we wanted to get things accomplished today. 

Moments after 8:00 we were out the door driving to the west end of Windsor to the Can Par Depot. Our reason to go there was to pick up the camera lens that I had purchased on E-Bay. Having gotten the address on the phone and the hours that I’d be able to get there I was more than a little shocked when the sign on the door said differently. At first I was about to drive away but then I got ticked and went to the adjoining business to ask questions. They told me just to go back to the door and wait a minute where John showed up. He had been working on the conveyor helping to load outgoing trucks. Within two minutes we were driving away with my package in hand. 

Since we were so close we stopped at my family doctor’s office so that I could do like Kathy had done yesterday and pay my yearly fee. I was also able to schedule my yearly physical for later this summer. 

With that completed we were headed back to our son Kevin’s in Amherstburg to do more work on our projects. First we stopped at Walmart where Kathy went shopping for supplies so we could eat lunch at a reduced cost. I walked across the street to the Dollar Store to buy a few paint brushes to stain the wood with. 
 I was Miter cutting the finer trim pieces while Kevin supported the material.
Minutes later we were at Kevin’s and he had already moved the table saw knowing that I needed to use it. It would however wait until after lunch before I would make use of it. We had glue and clamped the frame work of the breadbox on Wednesday but allowing for road vibration we wanted to add screws as well. Then I had to trim the face and just managed to complete that when Kathy called us for lunch. 

She had made health conscience sandwiches with salad and a snack on the side. The other day we had been more active but had felt a little too full after lunch. Today we had a better balance of what we should be eating. 
Unstained breadbox without its door,
Back in the garage we finally used the saw to make adjustments to the door components that I had made slightly larger than I should have. Once the adjustments were made it was time to start gluing and fastening to make the finished product. Yesterday while at Home Depot Kathy and I had found a very nice pendant motif of shafts of wheat. In the final assembly I added them to the door which was only fitting since it was the door to the Breadbox. Kathy was very happy with the present result and knows its appearance will improve once the stain is applied which will be accented by the darker panels. 
Wheat Chaff pendants on the unstained breadbox door.
I went to start working on the drawer for under the oven but somehow had lost a very important measurement that I need. Instead of assembling it incorrectly we called it a day and headed for home. We stopped at Home Depot to pick up a couple of drawer pulls before stopping at the trailer and verifying the measurements that I’ll need to finish the drawer correctly. 
Tonight's sunset taken from our office window.
With tomorrow being Saturday I have a few other things I need to work on here at the apartment besides staining the breadbox on our balcony. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment