It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2014

And We’re Retired?

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

The way things have been happening lately it really does make us question how we ever accomplished things while we were still part of the working part of the population. We are not alone most RV blogs we read everyone is experiencing the same thing. Mind you on some occasions it is something you are wanting to do for yourself but not always. 
The fence leading up the berm.
This morning we were once again up before 7:00 and moments later sitting down to have breakfast. It wasn’t long after 8:00 that we were on our way over to our daughter Karen’s home. The game plan was for Greg and myself to finish hanging the rest of the chain link fencing and gate today. Unlike Tuesday Greg and I were more in sync today and were able to adjust the gate to automatically close besides stretching the final section all the way to the Railroad property fence. It was comical watching Sanford trying to figure out why we were putting up this thing that was making it impossible for him to go visit the neighbors. When Karen and Kathy called us to lunch at 11:40 we were just finishing for the day. 
Greg and I fastening the tension rods in the fence.
Karen cooked us some very nice Panini Sandwiches with Potato salad and Cole slaw sides which we really enjoyed. The unfortunate part was that Greg has been on a very strict diet by his doctor and was only allowed a veggie wrap even having to use lettuce leafs as the shell. Greg needed to get ready to go to work and Karen’s meds were making her tired so Kathy and I left for home.
Karen coming to inspect the job.
On the way we stopped at Home Hardware where I picked up a set of spring loaded hinges for the breadbox that I’m making for the trailer, I was upset with myself yesterday when we got home that while we were picking up the drawer pulls yesterday at Home Depot that I didn’t think to get them as well. I also picked up a couple of turnbuckles so that Greg and I can finish the tension wire at the bottom of their fence. 
Sanford wondering why he can't go visit the neighbors.
Kathy was feeling the effects of getting up early again so she sat in the living room for a Snap. I busied myself changing the bed linens and gathering the rest of the laundry. We have been so busy lately I’ve been unable to get this normal chore done so today would have to be the day. When Kathy got up I was able to sort the clothes making the chore of washing easier. 
I used to go over there.
It was now past 3:00 so Kathy and I were heading back to our daughter Karen’s house. Since Greg was gone to work on the afternoon shift she had asked if I could do a few more little jobs for her. The first one involved using my drill to mount some hanging flower baskets over the deck but it meant drilling into bricks. Suddenly things got a little tricky because the plugs we had were either too small or large for the job. Eventually I found the perfect sized plugs that I carry in an organizer in the truck. I even relocated a crank up umbrella that had to be refastened to a different spot on their deck. 

As soon as we got home I fired up the Weber while Kathy seasoned a nice salmon fillet for me to grill. She also sautéed some Brussels Sprouts and made a nice salad to go with it. Once the supper dishes were done I was off to do the laundry as a fact the clothes are in the dryers as I’m writing this post.   
Final adjustments.
Here is wishing all the Dads a Happy Father’s Day tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your income doubles when you're on jury duty.

1 comment: