It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Shocked.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night was my worst night of sleep since we’ve been home. This of course also affects Kathy’s quality of sleep. Then after sleeping in until 8:30 this morning we wandered in to have breakfast.

Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion even after we got to our morning reading on the computers. After some time I needed to move around a bit so I packed things that had to be brought out to the truck before taking out the recycle.

For lunch we enjoyed the Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup that Kathy had made the other day.

Since the weather was still on the cool side Kathy continued researching on her computer and I researched data on one computer while logging in on the other.

When it came time for supper I fired up the Weber Q and grilled a couple of nice Pork Chops to go with the Squash and Vegetables that Kathy had made. She even commented how grilling things on the Weber always tasted better than doing them in the kitchen.

Once the dishes were all washed we headed back to the office where I decided to call my friend Ernie. Ernie and I served our Apprenticeships in the same trade at the same time and even worked repairing Steamships when we were on layoff from Ford’s. We grew close but got separated by being assigned to different plants. We had reconnected after we both retired after several plant closures took place.

I had absent mindedly called on Sunday but Sheryl only said the family was about to sit down for their Easter dinner so I just said I’d call back this week.. I had intended on calling him from Florida but I had forgotten our Black Book with all the phone numbers of people we know.   

After I apologized for calling the other night Sheryl was apologizing to me because she couldn’t find our phone number. Back in December when Kathy and I were on our way to Florida Ernie was having problems that needed further medical attention. Things escalated and the cancer returned but not the same cancer. Ernie fought to survive but suffered a massive heart attack that weakened him further. Finally the cancer was too much and took Ernie away from his family and his friends on April 10th.

I was in shock because I had been monitoring the Windsor Star but the day Ernie’s announcement was made Kathy and I had been in Gatlinburg and I had missed it.

Sheryl is keeping busy but it is hard without her best friend being by her side. Please pray for Ernie’s family at this time. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Life isn't all beer and skittles.

4 comments:

  1. Rest in Peace, Ernie ...... So sorry you were unable to call your friend from Florida .... The thought was there...
    I'm with Kathy, food cooked on the grill usually tastes better ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything cooked on the Weber always tastes better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for you. Death is always a shock, seeing it coming or not. I'll keep Sheryl in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your friend is doing a bit better each day. You two are an inspiration to her to keep going forward after such a loss. There is still happiness out there.

    ReplyDelete