It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Getting it All Straightened Up.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Things have started getting back to normal but I still spent most of the night tossing and turning. In other words last night I slept less than each of the nights since we’ve been home but I was up wide awake before 7:00 this morning. 

Kathy was up minutes later and we had finished breakfast and was watching the Weather Channel long before 8:00. The rain that had been predicted for yesterday only dampened the pavement overnight. Today the forecast was for clear skies but only the lower 50’s for a high temperature. Of course we immediately went to the computers to do our morning reading. 

Kathy started getting caught up on doing her entries on our budget spreadsheet from our trip while I was getting clothes sorted and ready for the laundry. It seemed strange walking into the laundry room and having my choice of machines to use. Once the wash was going I returned to the apartment to find Kathy busy using the leftover hambone from Easter dinner to make homemade Split Pea and Ham soup. By the time I returned after starting the clothes in the dryers she was letting it cool so it could wait until tomorrow to have it for our lunch. That will allow all the flavors to meld together making it taste better. Today’s lunch was the last of the Taco Soup and it tasted just as good as the last three times we ate it. 

Once I’d finished putting away the folded laundry I had a more serious job. While we were away this past winter we had suspended our home phone, cell phones, satellite and DSL service. It had all been scheduled to resume April 15th. The satellite and DSL started without a hitch. I had to call in to reactivate the hub on Thursday. Then we went to use our cell phones on the weekend but they both had a message on the screen that read they could only be used “for emergency calls only”. 

Calling Bell Canada I got transferred five times before Tiffany finally understood what I was saying. Within ten minutes she had changed the work-order and activated our phones. By then Kathy had made chicken wraps for supper from the chicken we grilled yesterday. When I returned to the computer to finish working on the Maintenance Log for the truck I noticed my cell phone needed charging. Since mine needed charging I checked Kathy’s phone to see if it did as well. Her cell phone had plenty of charge but it still displayed the message “for emergency calls only”. 

I was not happy when I called back to our phone provider but the first tech I spoke to had Kathy’s phone working in less than five minutes. I should have tried both phones earlier because it seems they didn’t have the technology to activate both of them at once. We seem to be having problems with phones and internet service lately. 

We didn’t leave the building today but tomorrow we’ll hardly be here. We have a few appointments to take care of.  Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you do with a blue elephant?

Try and cheer him up.

1 comment: