It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Busy Again.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Again last night Kathy managed to sleep soundly like nearly every night since we’ve gotten back home. The last few nights I haven’t been as fortunate but I did manage to get a little more sleep last night probably from the exhaustion that I’m beginning to feel. 

After breakfast we immediately got busy straightening up the apartment as we were having a visitor. It actually wasn’t a visitor but a Registered Nurse that works for a company called Healthy Heels. Mary is also certified in advanced Footcare and came to our apartment to make certain that Kathy’s feet are staying healthy. 

Back in 2010 Kathy had helped our grandsons Tyler and Matthew make sandcastles at the beach on Lake Erie and stepped into the water. Days later she started with a severe pain in one of her toes that eventually developed into a Fungal Infection. Because Kathy is also diabetic it is much easier for her to have problems with her feet than most of us. She has had to have that toe nail totally removed twice but it has regrown both times. So other than swimming with the Manatees the last two years you will only see her swimming in a pool wearing her swim shoes. 

Fortunately with the health care coverage that we have Kathy can have her treatments done in the comfort of our apartment instead of having to go to a clinic. When Mary was finished today Kathy said her feet felt so much better and were pain free. It has been over four months since her last session before we left for Florida. 

While Kathy was having her feet tended to I was busy on the phone still trying to get the issue with our Verizon Straightened around. We had Chicken Salad Wraps for lunch continuing our quest for smaller waistlines. 

After lunch we left to run a number of errands. The first was to Princess Auto where I’d seen bump hats advertised on sale. Since we’ve had this trailer I have had several goose eggs due to the low design of the trailer and a couple of those instantly changed my hair color. Now if I can just remember to wear it I shouldn’t be reshaping the contour of my skull anymore. 

Next we stopped at the trailer to pick up some tools that I’ll need to do my project in the apartment office. While there I also grabbed my dumbbells that I won’t need in the trailer until next winter. 

The car was needing gas so we stopped to fill it up. This truly made me wish we were back in the US as the pricing here is by the liter. Years ago I made a spreadsheet that converted my fuel purchases from Metric to Standard and Standard to Metric. Today’s purchase of gasoline at $1.356 a liter works out to nearly $5.20 a US gallon and the cost of diesel is even higher. 

We then stopped at the dollar store at the Tecumseh Mall to pick up a few supplies. When we were finished there we just walked around the mall for some exercise. Kathy’s favorite Canadian clothing store Pennington’s was nearly empty as it will be closing at that location. What a shame. We continued walking until we reached the food court where we each enjoyed a coffee and did some people watching before we left for home.   

After a few minutes on the computer I went out to fire up the Weber and grilled a couple of Johnsonville Brats. They went wonderfully with the Salad and Sautéed Asparagus that Kathy made to go with them. That was our big meal of the day. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be slower but somehow I have my doubts about that. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

What can you expect from a pig but a grunt?

2 comments:

  1. Hope your feet stay healthy Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great healthcare you have in Canada! I wish the U.S. Congress had the guts to initiate a single payer system rather than the insurance-run system we have now. Glad to hear your feet are healing, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete