It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Getting Things Together.



Our Location today is Crystal River, Florida.

This is getting to be a wonderful habit that both Kathy and I are sleeping undisturbed throughout the night and we didn’t wake until nearly 8:00 this morning. Of course Kathy said it was the raindrops tapping on our roof that lulled her to sleep.

As usual right after eating breakfast and watching the Weather Network we started our morning reading on the computers. Once that was completed Kathy had to make our reservations to attend the 54th Escapade in Goshen Indiana which we’ll be at from May 10th to the 17th. She needed to use my computer because her laptop has Windows 8.1 which has no drivers for our printers.
While she was doing that I was on the phone with Nature Coast RV who we dealt with last year as far as ordering parts. Unlike other local RV Dealerships that said I’d have to replace the door to increase their sales and services; when I describe the problem with the torn shower door seal he told me exactly how to replace it. I inquired about a replacement valve for the non-winterized toilet and he told me where to find the numbers. I called back with that information and by luck he had one left on the shelf. I told him we’d see him around 1:00.
The first thing I did was remove the shower door seal exactly like I was instructed and it must have taken five seconds. Next I removed the rear toilet from the rear half bath. I had already disconnected it in order to have our water system work so that only took three minutes including covering the drain. After loading it in the truck Kathy had already made soup for lunch so we wouldn’t have to stop to eat out.
Our GPS was telling us a location of eighteen miles but a quick check of Mapquest showed the same route I would have taken and it was only twelve miles away. It’s a good thing I updated the GPS just before we left home.

We were there in a half hour and we started by locating the door seal. Next the toilet was put on the service tech’s bench but being that all the other techs were doing on site repairs at RV parks he needed to finish another job first. No Problem.
Being that we were in the area we had stayed in last March I suggested we’d do a Walmart run in Dunnellon. The drive was scenic and Kathy actually started recognizing some of the landmarks that she saw last year. We spent nearly an hour walking around Walmart before we sat down to enjoy a soda at the in-store Subway. After relaxing for a bit we finished looking around before heading back out to Nature Coast RV.
Originally I had planned on purchasing the new valve assembly and installing it myself. Am I glad that I chose to have them replace that valve. There were two techs working on it and the tensioner spring that should have just sat in a notch kept popping out and jamming the ball valve. After nearly an hour they had it back together and working the way it should. While waiting for the work-order to come to the office Kathy and I both noticed a few other things we needed to replace on the trailer and they were reasonably priced. The only problem is that they won’t be in until Thursday so we’ll pick them up on Friday. Still worth it.
Back at the trailer Kathy made pork-veggie wraps for supper while I installed the toilet and shower seal. Once we finished washing the supper dishes I shut the water to the trailer off for less than five minutes so I could re-connect the water to the rear toilet. Now we’re ready if we have overnight guests.
We are already making plans for things to do Tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Speech is silver,

but silence is golden.

3 comments:

  1. Glad your repairs went well!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A productive day, getting caught up with things.

    ReplyDelete