It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Rain, Exercise, Appointments, Visiting and More Rain.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Just when I thought that I was turning over a new leaf and finally I’d be sleeping the entire night without interruption. The way I slept last night proved me wrong. I slept solid until 2:30 then stared at the ceiling before reading on the computers then falling asleep again by 6:00 then waking by 8:15. Of course when I’m not in bed or tossing and turning that also affects the way Kathy sleeps. 

It was good that I got up at the time I did because at 8:25 the phone was ringing. Sid from General RV was calling to give me a progress report and wondering if he should go ahead and order the parts before the second insurance adjuster saw the trailer. (It takes three weeks for the parts to come in) What do you think I told him just use your imagination. He also informed me Keystone is still denying the claim for the rear wall and cargo doors that are delaminating. I gave him more advice on that. 

Looking out the windows when we got up all we saw was rain so we didn’t feel the least bit guilty about sitting at the computers after breakfast. Once I was finished my reading I changed into my exercise clothes and for the second time this week started back into my workout routine. By lunchtime I had showered and shaved and was ready for our afternoon appointments. 

After eating lunch we washed up the dishes before heading out the door. The temperature was mild but the wind was now blowing the rain and leaves off the trees. Our first stop was the Credit Union for some banking before heading to Princess Auto just to pick up a sale flyer because the one that is normally mailed to us has not arrived yet. 

Now we just took a leisurely drive out to Amherstburg as we had our pretrip dental appointment this afternoon. Last year the day before our appointment I came down with the Flu for the first time in ten years so I missed the appointment but not Kathy. Of course if I hadn’t have missed the appointment they would found that I had an abscessed tooth before we left for Florida. We both got a clean bill of health on our checkups today and should have no unexpected problems this year. 

We then headed to McDonald’s to cash in more of the free food tokens we had won while playing the last round on Monopoly thus reducing the cost of supper by over half. Since it was still raining and we didn’t feel like walking the river front Navy Yard we went over to Walmart. Not only did we get some walking exercise in we also managed to pick up a few food stocks we have listed to be put in the trailer for our trip. 

We also bought a little desert snack that we brought with us to visit with Kevin and Melissa. This is Wednesday night which is our weekly visit date. Melissa told us of some of the positive feedback she had received on the pictures of Cameron that I had made for them. Most of our laughs this week were from the way I’m having to deal with the trailer issues and the way that I’d truly like to handle this whole mess. We also spoke of the fact that maybe in a few years we might not be home for the holidays. That we might have a combined Thanksgiving/Christmas in order that we accomplish some travelling that we might not otherwise be able to do. 

It was past 8:00 by the time we left and it never stopped raining. Many vehicles ahead of us were crawling along the way below the speed limit mostly because they can’t see the lines on the road. I simply turn on both sets of fog lamps that are on the truck and before you knew it I was like the Pied Piper with everyone just following us. 

We needed a shopping cart to unload the truck at the apartment. It’s a good thing we don’t shop aimlessly. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

Why is it dangerous to tell secrets in a field of wheat?

Because the corn is all ears.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully your rig repairs are behind you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with you trailer repairs.
    Leaving earlier makes much more sense to us.

    ReplyDelete