It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Phone Calls, Decorating and Anniversary.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Once again Kathy and I slept like logs last night. I wonder if all the fresh air we had on that walk yesterday had anything to do with it? Waking close to 8:00 EST and feeling totally refreshed is really beginning to feel good. Almost makes you feel like your retired. Hey we are retired! Having cinnamon raisin bread for breakfast was quite a change of pace but it was enjoyable, filling and light enough that we could accomplish what we needed this morning. 

After watching the Weather Channel to see what the weather is going to be like in the next week we had a plan for what we needed to do today. Kathy started her morning reading on the computer while I made a phone call to State Farm Insurance Company and expressed my displeasure on the constant delay at getting our trailer repaired. Of course they tried to say the delay was at General RV but they need to send another appraiser to see the trailer at their location before they can authorize the repair. I spent the next ten minutes expressing what I thought of their delays and how I felt about it. 

I barely hung up from State Farm and Sid from General RV was calling. He had just gotten off the phone with Keystone’s warranty people and they told him our rear wall is designed to flex that way. I then called Keystone and spoke with Henry who reviewed the file and said the same thing. Since Henry doesn’t own an RV at this time I compared the distortion if it were on the side of his automobile and the manufacture were to say it is supposed to be like that whether he’d be upset. He couldn’t answer me but still said it was designed that way. I informed him that I’d be stopping in next May with the trailer to prove them all wrong. 

In the past I have helped the kids to put up their outside Christmas lights and I recommend they do it early so the electrical wiring is still flexible. Last night our daughter Karen called wondering if we could start the lights sometime this week. I suggested today because it was supposed to reach 55 F (13 C) this afternoon but she didn’t get back to us. This afternoon Kathy and I went over to her house and I got the house lights down from the attic. After replacing burnt and broken bulbs with Kathy’s help it took me less than twenty minutes to have the lights installed. 

Since this was probably the last warm day we will have until spring I grilled a couple of hamburgers on our Weber Q while Kathy cooked some perogies and broccoli to go with it. 

At 11:00 pm two years ago tonight the first blog post was published. Here’s hoping for many more years of blog publishing. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your voicemail greeting mentions a car you’re selling.

1 comment: