It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

Sunny Shopping and Cleaning Day.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

 I had planned on getting an early start to my chores today so we could have some away time but when I looked at the clock and it said it was almost 6:00 I thought a few more minutes sleep would be okay. The next time I opened my eyes it only took me a few seconds to focus before jumping out of bed. It was nearly 8:30 and I was now behind schedule. Within minutes Kathy and I were working together making breakfast. 

Today was laundry day and by the time I stripped the bed and sorted the laundry it was past 9:30 before I got to the laundry room. Kathy was busy scrubbing down the washroom and dusting throughout the apartment. Once I had the wash completely started I returned to the apartment putting fresh linens on the bed plus a few other things before returning to the laundry room. It only took me another couple of minutes and I had everything transferred to the dryers. Back upstairs I finally got my morning reading on the computer finished just on time for as you guessed back to the laundry room. 

By the time I returned we had a late lunch before taking off. When we’d gotten up this morning it was raining but by noon the sky was clear with the perfect fall temperatures. Since we have plans for tomorrow we headed over to the west side Walmart. We walked with the intention of just getting exercise but then I could see Kathy looking very inquisitively at some of the items on the shelves and I couldn’t have guessed what she was doing. Being that we had finished our Christmas shopping since the beginning of August and it is still 86 days before the big day it shocked me when she said she was getting ideas for next Christmas since it is only 451 days away. 
Once we were home I was working on cleaning the downloaded file that I’m working on when there was a knock on the door. My friend Grant from upstairs wanted to tell me that he had just blasted the apartment manager over the fact that he and his wife are still killing Yellow Jackets in their apartment. He asked me to go talk to her as well kind of in solidarity because even today we killed another five ourselves.
On the way to the office I started noticing the remains of Yellow Jackets inside the fluorescent light fixtures in the hallways. When I spoke to Lynn she was visibly shaken from her encounter with Grant but assured me that she was doing the best she could at getting the Exterminator back. The problem that they were having was finding out where the Yellow Jackets are getting in from and now how are they getting into the light fixtures. 

After talking with Grant and Sandy about her concerns it was time to cook supper on the Weber Q. I grilled Tomatoes, Zucchini and Eggplant while Kathy cut slices of ham from a roast we’d gotten the other day. It all tasted great.
I’m making progress on the file that I’m cleaning since it started as 115 pages and it’s now down to 90. I’m looking forward to the day it’s completed. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.          

Krackers

 You Might Be a Redneck If

Beer bellies run in your family.

2 comments: